Using Brushes With Mulit-Colors

Hi-I am considering purchasing the Brush set: "Comic Mischief", and I see in the examples that there are multiple colors used on 1 brush. how do I do that? I can figure out a time consuming way of selecting certain parts of it on a new layer- but that seems like a pain. Is there an easier way to color a brush with several colors?

Hi, and welcome to Scrap Girls! I don't have those cute brushes yet, but here's what I'd try for easy multi-colors to replicate these.

The yellow and blue talk bubble: looks like uncheck CONTIGUOUS "direct select" of the brush image, color blue. De-select, set selection tool to CONTIGUOUS. Select empty area in middle, color yellow.

Red/blue cloud bubble: Select brush image, color red. Invert selection, DEselect exterior of brush, color blue.

Star/halftone in green, red, blue: add another layer above the brush image, color with a gradient layer of red, green blue. Clip the color layer to the brush image.

I didn't include the specific technique for each of these, since I don't know which program you're using, but I think they'd be pretty quick. Hope this helps, and welcome!

p.s. if Marlene Peacock, their designer, doesn't see this thread, you could send her a private message; her message board name is Figment.

Hi-I am considering purchasing the Brush set: "Comic Mischief", and I see in the examples that there are multiple colors used on 1 brush. how do I do that? I can figure out a time consuming way of selecting certain parts of it on a new layer- but that seems like a pain. Is there an easier way to color a brush with several colors?

Thank-you- but I am using PSE -where do I find a contiguous setting?

Archived