Midwest Meet-Up Fall 2013 - Kansas City

During the meet-up in St. Louis (BIG thanks to our hostesses Tiza and LauraS!) we talked about a meet-up this fall. I believe I heard the location was Kansas City and the dates were TBD - the latter half of October.

I know it's a long way off - after last year and changing jobs, I'm not counting on anything being stable ;-). However, I'd like to start the conversation about dates as I've had something crop up that I'd like to pursue the 3rd weekend in October. As of right now, My free (long) weekends in October are 03Oct - 06Oct and 24Oct - 27Oct. The middle two weekends I'm busy.

Any current opinions on the last weekend in October? Did I get the location right? Other ideas people want to chime in?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dh will have to work the first weekend in October, so that's definitely out for me. I'll check on the race weekend and let you know. It's usually not that late in the month. But don't plan things around me! If I can make it, great, if not, I'll mope around here that weekend, lol!

I can work with any dates since it's in Kansas City. I may not be around much on Saturday as the boys will still be having football then, and it will depend on where/when their game is as to how much i'll be around that day.

I am flexible those dates...so I'm just "whatever"... :) Angie and I will check the Kansas City calendar to see if there are any events we need to plan around.

Can't wait! Thanks for starting the thread Michele!

The Army 10 miler is Oct. 20th, so I should be ok with that last weekend.

We were posting at the same time I guess...so it looks like October 24th!!

(who would want to do a 10 miler anyway???)

24-27 looks like it might be doable for me. Only one thing I can anticipate may come up before then. I'll pencil it in. 16-20 definitely a no go ....got the fall women's retreat and I'm on the planning committee. Would rather come to KC after its over.

At this point I'm not sure if I can come or not. Tom and I do some fall camping in October so I'll have to wait and see how things shake out.

At this point I'm not sure if I can come or not. Tom and I do some fall camping in October so I'll have to wait and see how things shake out.

So, I'm thinking...since our date is on the calendar...you can work the camping around the meet-up. ;) Just sayin'

So 24th - 27th are the official dates? Gonna go look up flights. Woohoo!!

We'd LOVE to have you fly out here and join us!! Hopefully you can find a good deal, since it isn't 2 days before the meetup ;)/>

It would be awesome if you could come!

DH is great at finding deals but didn't get a chance to look for me before he left for Denver today for four days. Regardless of the price I hope to come for at least a couple days. Can't pass up another chance to meet all you gals:)

Yay!!! Looking at flights and found some good deals but may wait a bit to see if they go down more. I may only be able to come for 2 days/1 night so I would probably get my own room. Do we know where we are staying yet or is it way too early?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the big thumbs up from Mr. Amy to join the lovely Cindy Rohrbough to represent the West Coast!! Hooray!!!!!! Flights right now from LAX and SAN are just under $300. Count me in!!

I have the big thumbs up from Mr. Amy to join the lovely Cindy Rohrbough to represent the West Coast!! Hooray!!!!!! Flights right now from LAX and SAN are just under $300. Count me in!!

Wahoooooooo! Can't wait to see you both again!! :)

:having-a-party:

Oh yay yay yay!! It will be great to see you again Amy, and to finally meet Cindy!!!

:having-a-party:/>

Oh yay yay yay!! It will be great to see you again Amy, and to finally meet Cindy!!!

SWEEEEET!!!

Archived