Midwest Meet-Up Fall 2013 - Kansas City

I have the big thumbs up from Mr. Amy to join the lovely Cindy Rohrbough to represent the West Coast!! Hooray!!!!!! Flights right now from LAX and SAN are just under $300. Count me in!!

Wahoooooooo! Can't wait to see you both again!! :)/>

I agree! Can't wait to see you again!

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

161 Days!!

I should have hotel information the first of next week. We are looking at the same hotel as the last meet up!

I can't remember which one that was, but I'm sure it was nice. I'm getting all my meetups mixed up....

Here is the info you have been waiting for!!!

Dates: October 24-27, 2013

The Hotel: Drury Inn & Suites, Kansas City Airport

7900 NW Tiffany Springs Parkway, MO 64153

Telephone: (816) 880-9700

This is the same one we stayed at last time we met in KC. It's close to the airport and shopping and food. (all the essentials, right??)

• Rooms (two double) are $111.95 plus tax.
  • The meeting room will be $60 plus tax per person (total for both days we have the room) IF we have 10 people. (If there are more of us, it will be less!!

If you aren't familiar with Drury Inn, here are some of the things they offer:

Free Hot QUIKSTART Breakfast

Hot means sausage and eggs, not bread and a toaster. Our hot breakfast includes scrambled eggs, sausage, Belgian waffles, biscuits and gravy. Plus fresh fruit, bagels, pastries, juices, hot and cold cereals, toast, milk, coffee, tea and more. Free hot breakfast is served daily from 6:00 - 9:30 a.m. weekdays (Monday - Friday) and from 7:00 - 10:00 a.m. on weekends (Saturday & Sunday).

5:30 Kickback - Free Hot Food & Cold Beverages

Now Serving! Drury will let no guest go hungry... at least every evening from 5:30 to 7:00. All Drury hotels now offer free hot food & cold beverages for guests.

Our rotating menu features a variety of hot food, including chicken strips, macaroni & cheese, hot dogs, baked potatoes, broccoli cheddar soup and more! Plus, beer, wine, mixed drinks and soft drinks are served everyday. There’s something for everyone at Drury’s 5:30 Kickback. It's a snack for some, meal for others and free for all!

Free Wireless Internet

Free 60 Minutes of Long Distance

Free Soda/Popcorn in Lobby (daily 3-10 pm)

Free Local Phone Calls

HBO, Our Exclusive Premium Movie Channel

CNN, ESPN, Weather Channel & More

Flat Panel LCD TVs in every room

Free Covered Parking

Free In-room Coffee Service

2-Room Suites Available

24 Hour Business Center

All Rooms with Microwaves & Refrigerators

24 Hour Fitness Center

Fax Services

Guest Laundry

Guest Pantry

Guest Voice Mail

Hair Dryers in All Rooms

Indoor/Outdoor Pool & Whirlpool (9 am - 10 pm)

Iron & Ironing Board in All Rooms

Meeting Rooms

Same Day Dry Cleaning Available

Thanks for getting this organized, Conda!!

I already checked my office calendar... I should have enough vacation/personal days left this year to cover all my Japanese Festival rehearsal/recovery days AND still be able to take 2 days off for the KC meetup!!

And I might even have enough Southwest credits stocked up to cover my full airfare to and from KC.

You can book your room now online SG Meet Up Drury Reservations or by calling 1-800-325-0720 and refer to group #2183015.

I can't remember if they have a shuttle to the airport or not. (I am waiting for the response) I am happy to run my shuttle service if necessary!

Thanks for getting this going, Conda! I'll be looking for a roomie when I make my reservations...anyone interested?

Tiza's and my room is all set - woohoo! I'm glad we're in that hotel again - Drury is awesome!

I feel another trip to Charming Charlie will be in order by then too...lol (jewelry store for those who don't know)

Tiza's and my room is all set - woohoo! I'm glad we're in that hotel again - Drury is awesome!

I feel another trip to Charming Charlie will be in order by then too...lol (jewelry store for those who don't know)

Oooooh yeah... I forgot about Charming Charlie!!

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make it now....had an unexpected expense pop up and not sure how the budget will look for awhile. I'll keep you posted.

Oh no...fingers crossed for a bonus or something!!

I've never been to a meet-up. Sounds SO exciting. Would love to get to meet you all. I've got it on my calendar. Don't know if I'll stay at the hotel. Would probably drive back Sat night and return Sunday afternoon (unless I can get someone to take over worship at our church. There is a special charge conference, too and DH is very involved with that - don't have a date for that yet and he would want me to be there.) Have you chosen a hotel, yet?

I've never been to a meet-up. Sounds SO exciting. Would love to get to meet you all. I've got it on my calendar. Don't know if I'll stay at the hotel. Would probably drive back Sat night and return Sunday afternoon (unless I can get someone to take over worship at our church. There is a special charge conference, too and DH is very involved with that - don't have a date for that yet and he would want me to be there.) Have you chosen a hotel, yet?

Check out post 37. I hope you can make it!

Archived