Midwest Meet-Up Fall 2013 - Kansas City

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just booked my flights!! Southwest is having a major sale through today, so I took advantage of it. Only $49 flight from STL to KC on Thursday!! :-)

That is awesome!! Hey, I think I might try to come (since mine got cut short last time). Betty, do you still need a roomie? Or does anyone else need a roomie?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I went dark on this trip. Once again, it looks like I'll be changing jobs - hopefully soon. I can't believe how unhappy I've been where I am. I think I've found my new "permanent" home. It's the company that made me offer when I decided to go elsewhere. I feel like I'm getting a second chance, so I'm very excited. I haven't got a start date since I have no formal offer just yet - we've both made our intentions clear (sounds like dating!). Anyway, once I know how much vacation I have, I'll see if I can attend. Keep your fingers crossed!

Sorry I went dark on this trip. Once again, it looks like I'll be changing jobs - hopefully soon. I can't believe how unhappy I've been where I am. I think I've found my new "permanent" home. It's the company that made me offer when I decided to go elsewhere. I feel like I'm getting a second chance, so I'm very excited. I haven't got a start date since I have no formal offer just yet - we've both made our intentions clear (sounds like dating!). Anyway, once I know how much vacation I have, I'll see if I can attend. Keep your fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed for sure! For both the job itself and the vacation time:)

My fingers are crossed too...just put it out there in negotiations...like "I've got this weekend planned...and if you don't let me go, my posse will put the smack down on you" ...just a thought.

Thanks, Cheri and Conda. Conda, that's too funny! But I will put it out there in the negotiations and we'll see where it goes. That's also my wedding anniversary month, so DH kinda takes precedence if I have to choose ;-) Hopefully, this will get settled this month and I'll be in my new company soon!

My fingers are crossed too...just put it out there in negotiations...like "I've got this weekend planned...and if you don't let me go, my posse will put the smack down on you" ...just a thought.

Personal story: DH was in a huge lay-off at work a month or so before we got married (he knew about the layout about 1 month prior to that) - anyway, he basically started his new job a week before the wedding and that of course had to be part of his negotiations in obtaining the new job. "I have, like, you know, this wedding and honeymoon planned and booked........" LOL They ended up giving it to him as a paid vacation! Wow!

So we just got the boys football schedule (well part of it) It looks like it's a 50/50 chance that I may not be there part of Saturday. Their playoffs are the weekend before, and the championship game is on the 26th. So if we make it there, i'll have to come over after the game on Saturday. If we don't make it then i'll be free the whole day.

So we just got the boys football schedule (well part of it) It looks like it's a 50/50 chance that I may not be there part of Saturday. Their playoffs are the weekend before, and the championship game is on the 26th. So if we make it there, i'll have to come over after the game on Saturday. If we don't make it then i'll be free the whole day.

Well, for their sakes I hope they win. Even part of a day with you is better than nothing and I know they love their games. And you have to be there for a championship!

Well, for their sakes I hope they win. Even part of a day with you is better than nothing and I know they love their games. And you have to be there for a championship!

It would be great if they made it, but as far as we've ever gotten before is the playoffs. And this is their last year in this league, next year it's "school" football. Yikes, time flies!

It would be great if they made it, but as far as we've ever gotten before is the playoffs. And this is their last year in this league, next year it's "school" football. Yikes, time flies!

That would be GREAT if they won in their final year of league! I'm willing to share you with them for the game ;) Glad you get to come to at least part of the meetup regardless!

Woah! Too many things going on here to keep in the loop. Sept 29 is my mother's big 90th birthday party (at our house) and October is the big 50th anniversary (DH and mine) - at our house. I may be like a zoombie, but I'm going to make as much of the meet-up as I can. I won't be able to stay at the hotel since DGS has been promoted to JV head football coach and first assistant for varsity. That is homecoming and he has asked if we could be there - you betcha! I could drive up and catch up with you all Friday morning, then drive home and drive up again Sat morning. Sunday will depend on what you all have for a schedule. As time gets closer, maybe you could direct me where to find you and what I need to bring - ballet shoes? tiara? camo shirt and orange cap???

Woah! Too many things going on here to keep in the loop. Sept 29 is my mother's big 90th birthday party (at our house) and October is the big 50th anniversary (DH and mine) - at our house. I may be like a zoombie, but I'm going to make as much of the meet-up as I can. I won't be able to stay at the hotel since DGS has been promoted to JV head football coach and first assistant for varsity. That is homecoming and he has asked if we could be there - you betcha! I could drive up and catch up with you all Friday morning, then drive home and drive up again Sat morning. Sunday will depend on what you all have for a schedule. As time gets closer, maybe you could direct me where to find you and what I need to bring - ballet shoes? tiara? camo shirt and orange cap???

Yippee!!!!! We'll take you whenever we can.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived