Midwest Meet-Up Fall 2013 - Kansas City

So... what happens at a meet-up? I have never been around for a big one (all of SG) or a regional one. Does everyone bring their laptops and scrap? Does anyone scrap at all - or just play?

;-) Curiously,

Cindy

Laptops, cameras, comfy clothes.

We get a meeting room at our hotel and sit around the table. Somehow, all these lovely snacks just sort of appear. Hotel provides breakfast and we either go out for lunch or order in. Usually go out for dinner. We scrap, we chat, we scrap, we chat. Usually on Sat morning we plan an outing to a site for photos and maybe a little shopping. Enough people drive and have vans and such transportation is never a problem. Its all very casual. There's plenty of time to play and scrap. We share ideas, but there are no formal classes like we had at the conventions.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... what happens at a meet-up? I have never been around for a big one (all of SG) or a regional one. Does everyone bring their laptops and scrap? Does anyone scrap at all - or just play?

;-) Curiously,

Cindy

What happens at the meet-ups stays at the meet-ups..........................

;-) Curiously,

Cindy

We get a meeting room at our hotel and sit around the table. Somehow, all these lovely snacks just sort of appear. Hotel provides breakfast and we either go out for lunch or order in. Usually go out for dinner. We scrap, we chat, we scrap, we chat. Usually on Sat morning we plan an outing to a site for photos and maybe a little shopping. Enough people drive and have vans and such transportation is never a problem. Its all very casual. There's plenty of time to play and scrap. We share ideas, but there are no formal classes like we had at the conventions.

That sums it up. Lots of fun. Talking and scrapping and talking and scrapping...and laughing and more laughing. I always feel like we look like a bunch of geeks...all around tables with cords flying...laptops and mice and ehds OH MY!!

;-) Curiously,

Cindy

That sums it up. Lots of fun. Talking and scrapping and talking and scrapping...and laughing and more laughing. I always feel like we look like a bunch of geeks...all around tables with cords flying...laptops and mice and ehds OH MY!!

Yep, geek get-together extraordinaire! :) LOL...oh yeah, and plenty of LOLing and occasionally ROFLing!

And sometimes, we actually scrapbook too! Hahahaha!

BetC, can't wait to meet you! Sounds like a busy and very fun month for you! Congrats to your DGS!

Maybe you should bring 2 mice so you have a spare ;)

Maybe you should bring 2 mice so you have a spare ;)

I still have my pretty mouse...think it will make it to the meet up??

Lots of laughing and chatting and eating. :gathering:/> I usually get the least amount of scrapping done in the group.

I thought that was Angie;)

You are most definitely correct Cheri!

I think I hold the title of getting the least amount done at a meet up...lol

But you've been inspired and created some pretty awesome products at the meet-ups I've been to!

Angie: Least prolific scrapper...AND most prolific designer at the meetups!

Let's see if Cindy or I can rock that boat, lol...;)

But you've been inspired and created some pretty awesome products at the meet-ups I've been to!

Let's see if Cindy or I can rock that boat, lol...;)

Cheri-I think Angie should get the "most entertaining driver" award.... :disappearing-smilie:

Let's see if Cindy or I can rock that boat, lol...;)/>

Cheri-I think Angie should get the "most entertaining driver" award.... :disappearing-smilie:/>

Oh, definitely...hands down! No competition there:)

Let's see if Cindy or I can rock that boat, lol...;)/>/>/>

Cheri-I think Angie should get the "most entertaining driver" award.... :disappearing-smilie:/>/>/>

I remember Angie mentioning you three drove to the last meetup together. Can't wait to hear this story:)

Let's see if Cindy or I can rock that boat, lol...;)/>/>/>/>

Cheri-I think Angie should get the "most entertaining driver" award.... :disappearing-smilie:/>/>/>/>

I remember Angie mentioning you three drove to the last meetup together. Can't wait to hear this story:)

More like 4 hours of endless amusement:) (We've driven from Kansas City area to St. Louis together twice now)

Archived