Midwest Meet-Up Fall 2013 - Kansas City

Jeff ordered my new laptop last night!

Glasses are held together with superglue for now. One big expense is enough for a few days. Yikes

At least yours died BEFORE the meet up and not DURING like mine did last time. Hope it will be here and up and running by Thursday!

I know, right?! Yikes, not a great "tradition" for someone's computer to die right around/during the meetup. At least the rest of you know you're safe now that it happened to me this time;) Hahahaha

Jeff "defiled" his MacBook Pro by turning it into a PC (with software) for me - it's sort of loaded up and sort of ready to use for the meetup, as it looks like mine will arrive Wed afternoon at the earliest and more likely Thursday afternoon (after I leave). Even if mine does arrive on Wed, that's really not enough time to get it ready to bring Thursday am.

I'll bring an extra winter coat if anyone wants me to, then some of the travelers from afar won't have to fly with a coat, but nor will you have to freeze in Missouri.

That would be great, Cheri! I was thinking I may need to purchase a jacket this week so good to know the weather isn't too cold.

Starting to get butterflies. So excited!

I'll pack the extra coat right now so I can't forget, and I'll load up the pockets with a light pair of gloves too:)

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I packed a couple extra coats! :)/>

LOL Theresa, you seemed to know who I was at the last meetup...and not only did I not have that shirt, I didn't hardly have ANY shirts! ;)/> (it's a long story, but don't worry, I WAS clothed...)

You could always layer long sleeves under it...

The key to Missouri weather is layers! I will bring extra hoodies...

Cheri-do you have Charming Charley money to spend or did the laptop eat it all up?? I'm needing some new bling!!

Can you believe i've never been there. Not really a "bling" person but gotta see what all the craze is about the store

Cheri-do you have Charming Charley money to spend or did the laptop eat it all up?? I'm needing some new bling!!

Can you believe i've never been there. Not really a "bling" person but gotta see what all the craze is about the store

We will have to fix this!

I knew it was bound to happen!!! My laptop has died beyond resuscitation. Used it hard doing videos for Mom's 90th and our 50th. Took it to tech to see if there was any life left - sadly no. There was an article about using dropbox or camera roll on an iPad. May have to check it out. Will be catching up with you all on Friday morning - going back that night, then coming back Saturday morning. Can't wait!

Whoa - What is it with laptops and the Meet up? Now I'm terrified for the safety of mine! I'd better start backing everything up tonight so that the gremlins don't get it!

Yes Betty - scrapping with the ipad using Dropbox or the Creative Cloud from (Photoshop) is totally do-able. We can make learning how one of our theme if everyone's laptop is DOA.

I might be persuaded to spend a small amount of cash there;) LOL

I packed a couple extra coats! :)/>/>

LOL Theresa, you seemed to know who I was at the last meetup...and not only did I not have that shirt, I didn't hardly have ANY shirts! ;)/>/> (it's a long story, but don't worry, I WAS clothed...)

You could always layer long sleeves under it...

Hm...true...will have to see if I have any solid color long-sleeve Ts to match:)

All I will say is, it's my non-scrapping friend Cindy's fault! ;) (I've known her since 9th grade and we are besties with my oldest friend I've known since 3rd grade)...she lives in Platte City and took me to CC the first (and most infamous) time.

I knew it was bound to happen!!! My laptop has died beyond resuscitation. Used it hard doing videos for Mom's 90th and our 50th. Took it to tech to see if there was any life left - sadly no. There was an article about using dropbox or camera roll on an iPad. May have to check it out. Will be catching up with you all on Friday morning - going back that night, then coming back Saturday morning. Can't wait!

Ugh...oh no!!! :( We should have a glass of wine or a margarita or something to drown our laptop woes together!

Sorry, Betty! :(/> I may be sharing a computer with Amy if the one I want doesn't come out soon.

Charming Charley's sounds fun!

No need for anything other than super casual comfy cozy clothes, right?

Casual comfy cozy is perfect :)

Oh yes. Nothing eases the pain of a dead laptop like an adult beverage and some cheesy dip after a Charming Charlie run!

Haha! LOL! Sounds like a "date" :)/>

Just keeps getting better and better! Count me in on all of the above:)

Sorry, Betty! sad.gif/>/> I may be sharing a computer with Amy if the one I want doesn't come out soon.

Charming Charley's sounds fun!

No need for anything other than super casual comfy cozy clothes, right?

Casual comfy cozy is perfect smile.gif/>

Thanks, Theresa, that made it easy to fit everything in one carry on bag and left room for a bag of Halloween treats:)

Casual Comfy - check. Laptop....working a bit sluggishly, but I think it'll make it through the weekend. I had a laptop go terminal at the second convention in SLC. Charming Charlie's...I'm not a blingy girl either...I'll pass on that one. Can't wait to see you all in just a couple of days!

Casual Comfy - check. Laptop....working a bit sluggishly, but I think it'll make it through the weekend. I had a laptop go terminal at the second convention in SLC. Charming Charlie's...I'm not a blingy girl either...I'll pass on that one. Can't wait to see you all in just a couple of days!

They have things besides bling!

Archived