Prodigitalphotos

I truly hate to complain, but I am feeling really frustrated right now! I just tried to take advantage of the great sale for printing pages on the ProDigitalPhoto website that has been advertised in the NL and blog all week. What a frustrating experience! When ordering you have to hover over your uploaded image to pick the size and type of print you want. First of all, the two types of print were Press and Photo. I don't know what these choices meant, but I guessed that they meant paper like you would have in a photo book versus photo paper. I couldn't find an explanation on the site. You had to hover over each uploaded page to pick your choices. Pretty time consuming. Other sites I have used allow you to choose the same things for all pages at once. Then when I got to the bottom of the page, the bottom of the window that popped up when I hovered, and where the choice was that I needed, was below the bottom of my computer screen. No matter what I did, I couldn't get that window up high enough to chose what I needed for the last 4 pages I had uploaded. I even uploaded them all again using another browser and the same thing happened (after it took almost 20 minutes more to upload them the second time). I called customer support. They are closed on Sunday, but did have a few suggestions if you were having trouble with ordering. #1 use a different browser - I had already done that. #2 make sure you have the most current Java - pretty sure I do, but by this time I was so frustrated, I decided the money I was going to save wasn't worth the time and aggravation it was taking! So here I am venting. I feel much better and am off to Persnickety Prints to place my order. I have used them before and was very satisfied. And they are having a sale too! Thanks for listening!

Wow, that is so frustrating. I think Debbie posted something about this yesterday, let me go look further.

Ok, I'm back I knew I'd read something -

Here is what Debbie said ---

"Debbie Cleek Hey - Let us know if you order from Pro Digital and have any problems. They set their coupon for us up wrong and it's requiring an order of 20 pages minimum. If you don't want 20 pages they will still honor the coupon but we'll need to help you.

Yesterday, 12:23 PM"

Sorry you had so much trouble and Karen I'm so glad you could vent here.

I'm going to send this thread along to Debbie so she can read it.

Wow, that is so frustrating. I think Debbie posted something about this yesterday, let me go look further.

Ok, I'm back I knew I'd read something -

Here is what Debbie said ---

"Debbie Cleek Hey - Let us know if you order from Pro Digital and have any problems. They set their coupon for us up wrong and it's requiring an order of 20 pages minimum. If you don't want 20 pages they will still honor the coupon but we'll need to help you.

Yesterday, 12:23 PM"

Sorry you had so much trouble and Karen I'm so glad you could vent here.

I'm going to send this thread along to Debbie so she can read it.

thanks Marilyn. I am sure they would want to know about the trouble I had. I had more than 20 pages too! It seemed to be more of a site for professional photographers rather than people who scrap for a hobby.

Sorry to hear you girls had problems! I found their upload process a bit of a pain, but did see an option to either hover, or do "fast order" which allows you to apply the same parameters to all of your uploads. Once I had all of my stuff ready to order, it took *over 2 hours* for my files to actually upload and my order to be placed. Could be that it was due to my large order. I went half and half with Bryan - half was my personal spending money, & half was his gift to me for Mother's Day. I ordered over 100 pages.

Yes, press is like pages in a book, and photo is like actual photographs. I found that confusing when I first started ordering from professional print labs.

Well I haven't had time to deal with anything today due to being in bed with a kidney infection. But I will just try to order another time. I wasn't going to order that much this time anyway.

I'm so sorry that you all experienced problems - especially what you went through Karen - that is truly frustrating. I have to say that we did test order with them earlier this year. We placed two separate orders, but they were only for a couple of pages each. We were not in love with their ordering system, but we were really happy with their product. In fact we thought the colors of their printed pages were actually truer to what you see on your monitor then their competition's. So we tried hard to steer you to a good shop to work with. We really didn't want to vouch for anyone we didn't think would do our customers right.

I will be sure to pass your feedback along to Veronica (the owner) - I know they are working on their website and hopefully these issues are going to be addressed in their update. I would also say that some of the slowness you might have experienced with the upload could be due to it being the last day of a big sale - I'd imagine that their server was fairly busy today.

If there is anyone who was not able to place their order this weekend (due to site or coupon issues) and they still want to please contact Angie - we will collect names and make sure to have them honor the sale price for you this week.

I'm truly sorry for your wasted time and overall annoyance with them! Debbie

I'm so sorry that you all experienced problems - especially what you went through Karen - that is truly frustrating. I have to say that we did test order with them earlier this year. We placed two separate orders, but they were only for a couple of pages each. We were not in love with their ordering system, but we were really happy with their product. In fact we thought the colors of their printed pages were actually truer to what you see on your monitor then their competition's. So we tried hard to steer you to a good shop to work with. We really didn't want to vouch for anyone we didn't think would do our customers right.

I will be sure to pass your feedback along to Veronica (the owner) - I know they are working on their website and hopefully these issues are going to be addressed in their update. I would also say that some of the slowness you might have experienced with the upload could be due to it being the last day of a big sale - I'd imagine that their server was fairly busy today.

If there is anyone who was not able to place their order this weekend (due to site or coupon issues) and they still want to please contact Angie - we will collect names and make sure to have them honor the sale price for you this week.

I'm truly sorry for your wasted time and overall annoyance with them! Debbie

Thanks so much for your concern Debbie. Everyone should take customer service lessons from SG!!! I just went ahead and ordered from Persnickety Prints. They were having a sale too. Not as much as Digital Photos, but a pretty good one. I would definitely give Digital Photos another try based purely on the SG recommendation. I didn't find their website nearly as user friendly though and I am sure they would want to know that. Funny thing is the first time I uploaded my pages there yesterday it was lickety split! I was really impressed! Then the problems started! LOL! I usually don't wait until the last minute to do things, but have been very busy this week and just couldn't get to it. Thanks again. SG is the best!

Funny thing is the first time I uploaded my pages there yesterday it was lickety split! I was really impressed! Then the problems started! LOL! I usually don't wait until the last minute to do things, but have been very busy this week and just couldn't get to it. Thanks again. SG is the best!

Yes, the initial upload is super quick. I think they pretty much upload a thumbnail until you actually order, and they they upload the actual files. LOL I was so impressed too, until I completed payment and saw the upload bar that took like over 2 hrs to finish. ;) I can't complain though, I have had a site take almost 4 hrs to upload a bound book I wanted printed, and when I order prints for clients, depending on the number and size of the files I am uploading, the pro labs take a while too.

I completely agree about cust svs lessons from SG though. I recently did some printing with a new lab. The test prints came out great, very true to my monitor. When I ordered some prints for my client, they came back obviously color "corrected". My players (it was a sports order) looked slightly oxygen deprived and the shirts looked almost maroon instead of red. When I contacted them about the problem & asked what could be done, I was informed that there had been NO color corrections. That was it! No "what can we do to make it right, sorry this happened" nothing! I won't be using them again, even though they were lightning fast (I had my prints in hand the day after I ordered!) and overnight shipping is free. Customer service isn't just important to my clients, it's important to me! Funny thing is, the prints were a free re-print for my client! She had filled out her forms incorrectly, so she had the wrong jersey numbers so her daughters' names were switched on the photos. I reprinted her entire order for nothing, even though it was her fault and not mine. I want to make sure she comes away with a positive experience, not feeling like she had to pay an arm and a leg for sports photos with me (even though it was her error).

I have been having trouble just getting on the website...wanted to check them out, but today is the first day I had time.

Just tried again and it finally uploaded the website.(I use Firefox for browsing)

The 12 x 12 says if you order 20 plus they are $1 for single sided is that the usual price?

My order with prodigital just arrived. I am impressed with their speed, but the color on all of my pages is a bit on the yellow side. I know that monitors are different, but since I have printed through 4 other professional labs, I know that my monitor is pretty much spot on for calibration. I doubt that they would be willing to re-print the entire order (it was over 100 pages), and I can live with them, although there are a couple of pages that I intended to be a bit warmer, and with the yellow cast the skin tones came out really bad, so I will probably re-print those sometime. I guess for now I will stick with scrapping simply, their photo pages are always $1.99 with flat rate shipping of $5 & they come out exactly as I expect.

I do appreciate the savings through the SG deal - maybe someone at SG can strike a deal with Scrapping Simply? :)

I do appreciate the savings through the SG deal - maybe someone at SG can strike a deal with Scrapping Simply? :)/>

I'll second Jenna's sentiment - I use Scrapping Simply, love 'em, and would love it if Sg paired with them too!

I have had two of their bound books come unglued before (same book - they reprinted and the second came apart too) - but I think it was more the fact that there were over 100 pages in it. I do my bound books with Winkflash, but may try having a smaller book printed with Scrapping Simply again later. I also know that several of the pro labs do bound books, but their pricing is much higher. I will probably use them for client albums when that time comes. For my personal stuff, I am satisfied with Winkflash or Scrapping Simply. :)

I passed your comments on to Veronica Chapman who owns Pro Digital Photo and she asked me to post the information below for her. I've communicated with her many times on the phone and via email and I can tell she is a good, caring business owner who wants to make sure her customers are happy. If you had any problems with print orders during their sale at the beginning of May, I'd really encourage you to read this and give them the benefit of the doubt, because they really do a nice job with printing. Thanks - Debbie

I do want to first apologize for any inconveniences you all had with ordering scrapbook pages from Pro Digital Photos during our National Scrapbook Week Sale. Althought your feedback is actually quite good for me to hear in order to make improvements to better serve my customers, it makes me feel bad that some of you had troubles that were frustrating to you.

Below I would like to personally address the topics I have seen being discussed in hopes that it might answer some of the questions you have. And please know that if you ever have questions or issues with a product you are trying to order with Pro Digital Photos, you can always contact our customer service department and talk to a real live person. We have the tools to access your computer and help figure out what your personal problem might be. Everybody has different computer set ups that can cause a wide range of weird things, so let us help you if any frustrations happen! :)

Also, I would like to extend my scrapbook page sale to all you Scrap Girls fans for 1 more week. I can offer 12x12 scrapbook pages on photo paper for 99 cents each, if you order 20 pages or more. If you would like press pages it is $1 for 20 pages or more. Simply use the coupon code scrapgirls at checkout. The coupon will be good from May 15th, 2013 until May 22nd, 2013. And please, please, please contact Pro Digital Photos with any issues you might have. We are more than happy to help you out and make your experience be the best! We can be reached at 801-785-7432 or info@prodigitalphotos.com.

1. Coupon Code Not Working: I was unaware that the coupon code wouldn't work for order quantities that were less than 20 pages. But we still honored all order quantities, you just needed to call our store directly at 801-785-7432 or send us an email to info@prodigitalphotos.com, which are both listed on the home page of our website. I know this would have been an added thing to do in reaching out to ask for help, but we are always available to help people with any issues they run into. I am unaware of why the coupon code didn't work for some people if they were ordering more than 20 pages. But again, our customer service team is always able to help with any issues people have.

2. Large Quantity Orders: We do have 2 options when ordering scrapbook pages. You can choose your size per image for each individual file or if you have a larger order quantity, you can choose the "express order" option which allows you to order the same quantity and size of all the photos you upload. This is offered as one of the first steps when placing your order. We have this option to make it easier and faster if someone wants the same size and quantity of all their images, but I am assuming some people didn't see this option while they where ordering.

3. Duration of Upload Time: When you are placing an order through our website, our online ordering system is using your thumbnails to allow for a quicker and smoother ordering process. But once you finalize your order and hit the "submit" button, our system is now retrieving all your high resolution files, which can take a while to upload depending on the quantity and size of your files, and mostly depending on your upload speed from the internet you are using. It can take a couple hours to upload a large quanity of high resolution files, which is usually the case when people order 100+ scrapbook pages that are high resolution.

If any of you have further questions or would like to reach out to me personally, you can send me a message to veronica (at) prodigitalphotos.com. I am happy to help out and am open to any suggestions you might have.

Thanks,

Veronica Chapman

President - Pro Digital Photos

801-785-7432 x222

• 5 months later...

I placed an order when ScrapGirls initially promoted Pro Digital Photos and was 100% satisfied with the results. The color was accurate and the quality was quite nice. However, when I recently placed a second order, although the printing was quite acceptable, I was disappointed that the paper had been trimmed incorrectly. I had designed cards to be printed on a 12x12 sheet and had placed crop marks so that I could cut the cards to size (two to a page) leaving a 1/4" white border around the edge. The top of the paper had been trimmed leaving only a 1/16" edge. (On the jpg file that I had sent, the cards were actually placed in the middle of the 12x12.) Now the cards were too small to coordinate with the envelopes and clear boxes that I had already ordered. I let the company know of my disappointment and was contacted on the phone by Veronica the following day. She apologized saying that they were training a new person on the press and it had been their error. She would personally supervise a re-order and send it out immediately. The cards just arrived and I could not be any more pleased.

Normally they do not print a project such as this. However, the key to success is to tell them NOT to trim. Communicate very clearly what you have in mind. She suggested using a 11x17 sheet. Or, I suggest using only one card per 12x12 sheet. Be sure to order their heavier paper (Press). If you order at least 20 pages, the cost would be $1.10 per sheet. You will need a scoring tool to fold the edges otherwise they will crinkle. Since I had ordered 100, I was trying to cut the cost by placing two cards on each sheet. I will definitely be ordering from this company again.

Joyce - Thanks so much for giving Pro Digital Photos a "thumbs up". We have really enjoyed working with them this year and they do seem to do a great job with customer service. Plus we have really liked the quality of everything we test printed with them. I'm glad you were happy with how your cards came out after the re-do.

Archived