Chipboard Alphas

Barbz

I have several of these alphas and cannot figure out how to fill with color or put a 'fabric' on them. some are bent, 3-d and some look like thread...I appreciate any help you can give me and thanks in advance

Barbz :hit-head-with-hammer:

I have several of these alphas and cannot figure out how to fill with color or put a 'fabric' on them. some are bent, 3-d and some look like thread...I appreciate any help you can give me and thanks in advance

Barbz :hit-head-with-hammer:/>/>

In PSE, layer your fabric over the alpha, then clip the top layer to the one underneath. i.e. Ctrl-g. You may want to apply a blend mode, to keep some of the texture of the original alpha.

Similarly, add a layer over the alpha, brush colour over it, then Ctrl-g, then apply a blend mode.

Ctrl-g means hold the Ctrl key while you type the letter g. Don't type the hypen.

Barbz :hit-head-with-hammer:/>/>/>

In PSE, layer your fabric over the alpha, then clip the top layer to the one underneath. i.e. Ctrl-g. You may want to apply a blend mode, to keep some of the texture of the original alpha.

Similarly, add a layer over the alpha, brush colour over it, then Ctrl-g, then apply a blend mode.

Ctrl-g means hold the Ctrl key while you type the letter g. Don't type the hypen.

I did that and don't think I did it right...oh well i did com g (mac) and it pasted it together but I can still move the layer off the letter? Idk but thanks anyway..ugh

Can you tell me what product specifically you are working with?? And once you clip something to the layer if you go into the blending modes in the layers palette you should try screen or overlay they work well to let bends/folds show thru!

ok, I downloaded pse 10 and got the paper clipped to the letter, yay! and i also tried to fill the letter with color from the paint bucket, and got that accomplished..yeah! now, the letter has like an outline, how can I color it but keep the outline?

Think I will stick to pse 10 ...11 is too different to me.

... i also tried to fill the letter with color from the paint bucket... now, the letter has like an outline, how can I color it but keep the outline?

I don't understand what you want to do. The letter has an outline which you want to keep? You want to color the outline?

Have you tried changing the hue of the alpha to get a different colour and still keep its outline?

thank you, I got it just wasn't using blend mode enough, see the outline I was talking about? anyway i just grabbed a paper this one is a poor example. lol thanks for all your help!

post-17507-0-76063900-1368392665_thumb.png

Yes, I see the outline. Did you want to change it?

Try all the blend modes - sometimes you get a surprisingly good result from a blend mode not often used. You can also change the opacity, to soften the blend effect.

Archived