Monday Challenge 5/13

tiza126

Yesterday was Mother's Day here in the United States; other countries celebrate Mother's Day at various times throughout the year. Therefore, I thought it would nice to honor our mothers with our scrapbook pages.

Your challenge is to scrapbook about your mother (or a mother figure).

When you finish your layout, post it to the General Message Board Challenges Gallery.[/size][/color]

I lost my Mom many years ago and Mother's Day is a difficult day for me because I miss her so much. It's a great challenge but I just can't bring myself to do a layout about my Mom for Mother's Day.

I lost my Mom many years ago and Mother's Day is a difficult day for me because I miss her so much. It's a great challenge but I just can't bring myself to do a layout about my Mom for Mother's Day.

Sara alternately you could do a layout of your children from your perspective as a mom. I know it's a bittersweet day for so many.

Sara I'm sorry it's too hard for you to scrapbook about your mother. I like Conda's suggestion of scrapbooking about your children from the mom's point of view.

Thanks, Conda and Tiza - I did try - just couldn't come up with anything that made me feel good. My daughter-in-law and I both kind of dread Mother's Day each year because she lost her Mom 11 years ago and although she tries to make it a special day for me I know it's very hard for her still. As old as I am that need for wishing my Mom was here never goes away. I did do a layout about my Mom here a year or so ago but I can't seem to find it in the Gallery now - not quite sure where to search for it.

Just wanted to say thanks!

It is always with mixed emotions I scrap photos of my mother. Like Sara I lost her many years ago but still miss her a lot, Scrapping her photos sometimes make me feel better, sometimes just sad.

This was a photo I found in her album and it just had to be scrapped

Mamma

Here is mine: Saturday Color Challege 5/18/2013

I sort of cheated but not really. This is my layout for today's color challenge (scrap using your favorite color as the main color). Saturday Color Challenge 5/18/2013 I saw this challenge and have thought all week I would use this photo for this challenge. So...technically, I got the inspiration for my layout AND the color challenge from this challenge, so I'm sharing it here too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived