Problems With Pse11

Belle

When I wanted to start scrapping this morning, my PSE 11 had reset itself somehow. The measurements all went back to cm instead of the inches that I had set it to. The work space is set to 'Tile.' All the other options are blanked out. How can I change it back? I use PSE 11 and windows 7. This used to happen with PSE 9 as well. Why does it do this? I have only just started getting everything into PSE11 after buying the program. I would hate to have to reload everything again. Please help.hit-head-with-hammer.gif

I also use PSE11 with Windows 7 and have not had that problem. I don't know the answer to your question, but probably someone who does will come along soon. One thought: Do you leave PSE open at night or during the time when Windows does its updating? I've heard that can cause problems.

Hi Belle, to change the measurement units, go to Edit>Preferences>Units & Rulers. You'll see the dropdown boxes to change the measurement units.

To change your view mode go to Edit>Preferences>General and be sure there is a check mark in the box next to Allow Floating Documents in Expert Mode. Then with a document opened on the screen you should be able to go to Window>Images>Float All in Windows.

You could also try going to the very bottom of the workspace screen below the photo bin/tool options bar and clicking on the Layout icon. Several options will be available.

Let me know if you need more help or screen shots. HTH

Hi Belle, to change the measurement units, go to Edit>Preferences>Units & Rulers. You'll see the dropdown boxes to change the measurement units.

I did this and it worked, thanks.

To change your view mode go to Edit>Preferences>General and be sure there is a check mark in the box next to Allow Floating Documents in Expert Mode. Then with a document opened on the screen you should be able to go to Window>Images>Float All in Windows.

Theresa, you are brilliant. I found it. Thanks. This was the problem. I tried all the other places but without the Check mark in this place, nothing worked.

You could also try going to the very bottom of the workspace screen below the photo bin/tool options bar and clicking on the Layout icon. Several options will be available.

Let me know if you need more help or screen shots. HTH

You are awesome, I bow to you.

Thanks

Archived