Letters On Easter Eggs

Cropalot

I want to make the title , PAINTED EGGS, on a layout. I want 'EGGS' to be on eggs. Does anyone know how to make a letter look like it is on an egg? It wouldn't be flat, but would look slightly curved. I have PSE10.

I'd put a big picture of an egg on Layer 1, then put a text layer and play with a combination of warp text function and the move tool (reduce opacity to see egg underneath and fit to shape. At least I think that's how I would approach it off the top of my head

You could also try blending modes which could make the letters looks more "part" of the egg. Try duplicating the letter layer, and adjust the blending mode on either the top layer only, or both layers, and see if that works.

Thank you. Tried the dissolve blender. For some reason, I can never detect a difference with that one. Is there another blending mode you would recommend?

I have found an alpha that looks fairly good on the eggs. I'll probably go with that this time.

Just noticed this post. What I'd try first is the text warping tool in PSE. It's usually used on whole words or sentences, but I it works on individual letters. each on its own layer. I tested the bulge and inflate options, and both distorted the shape of the letter. Changing the blending mode would probably enhance the effect, as would using the dodge and/or burn tools around the edges of each letter. Hope this helps!

Archived