18 replies to this topic

#1 jenrou

jenrou

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

I've been waiting for the flip-pal to go on sale, so finally this coupon sale covers everything in the store and I ordered it. What a deal! I had already bought the Vu-Point hand scanner last week and have been trying it out. It scans fine. you have to move it across the photo or page and it saves it to a card. The software doesn't work in my PC but you can download it off the card to the PC. I scanned two whole albums just sitting and watching TV. I probably will return it since all the parts don't work, but it's not bad. I had a coupon so it was less than 100. plus an extended warranty, so I may keep it if the update the software. (Office max)
I hope I get the Flip Pal soon. it has to ship for Flip-Pal headquarters.
I bought the Flip-Pal for my anniversary. :D/>

gallery_17266_66_4077.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif   

#2 tiza126

tiza126

SG Shopaholic

• Welcoming Committee
  • 16,656 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

I have a FlipPal and I really like it. It's easy to sit and scan photos while I watch TV instead of fiddling with my giant scanner/printer.

gallery_14425_66_70914.gif

(siggy by Conda)

Button_Welcome.png~ SGblinkie.gif~ BLINKIES_Huckleberry.gif~ BLINKIES_BoutiqueBabe.gif

#3 tinkerbell11

tinkerbell11

Collector of shoes, wearer of FLIP FLOPS

• Creative Team
  • 12,321 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Oh how I want one! I shall maybe ask for my Birthday....in JUNE!
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Becster

Becster

• Members
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

I love love love my Flip Pal!

gallery_20128_4545_950.jpg

SG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gif

#5 MariJ

MariJ

• Welcoming Committee
  • 17,189 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

You GO Jean! I love my Flip-Pal too, it's so convenient and like Carla I can scan while watching TV! :)

gallery_19549_358_19841.png

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif     Button_Welcome.png    Button_Published.png WT-Button-copy.gif

#6 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 29,611 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

I love my flip pal! So handy and easy to use!

#7 SodScrap

SodScrap

SGU Teacher's Pet

• Welcoming Committee
  • 14,533 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

I took mine to a reunion a few weeks ago...everyone was amazed! I sat and scanned several albums. LOTS of heritage photos!

gallery_12013_66_17251.gif

ShredButton.pngSG_Olympian.pngButton_Welcome.png
SG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gif

#8 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 50,751 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

You are going to love it, Jean! I can't tell you how much I love mine! I am so glad I bought it - I haven't used it for about a month now but I have big plans for it next week as I've found some very old photos in an old album I found in a trunk in our basement that are just perfect for the flip pal!

Can't wait to hear how you use yours!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Becster

Becster

• Members
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

I took mine to a reunion a few weeks ago...everyone was amazed! I sat and scanned several albums. LOTS of heritage photos!

I took mine to my 40th high school reunion last summer and scanned old yearbook photos of my late sister from the books on display in the memorabilia room!

gallery_20128_4545_950.jpg

SG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gif

#10 Florida granny

Florida granny

• Creative Team
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

Oh now you ladies are making me want one!!! My birthday is past, and it's a long way until Christmas... I'm going to have to think of some other reason to order one. :lol:

gallery_20673_66_1956.png

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifLove-ATCs.gifSGblinkie.gifSG_Olympian.png

#11 jenrou

jenrou

• Members
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

Flip-Pals almost never go on sale-and this is the last day. 35%! That's a good reason to get an early gift. It gives you the scanner and cover for less than the scanner..B)/>
Since I had already bought the Vu-Point, I'm really getting a lot of photos scanned! Already two + albums! The Vu-Point has to be dragged over the photos, and I end up with some wavy photo! I think I'll like the Flip-Pal better.

We are also scanning store receipt from stores, etc.

#12 Hope

Hope

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

Does anyone know why the link to the Flip-Pal Scanner isn't working and I can't order it from the ScrapGirls' website? I have a couple of albums to scan, and this sounds perfect for that.

#13 angleigh

angleigh

Customer Service Extraordinare

• Design Team
  • 5,671 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

That is actually turned off in our store as the item is on back order from Flip Pal. As soon as we hear from them that it's back in stock and shipping we'll turn it back on. You can also check out their site directly. It looks like they are letting you order it, but it does state it's still on backorder

#14 jenrou

jenrou

• Members
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

I got the Flip Pal near the back order date you told me, Angie. I LOVE it! I may buy another one when there's a good sale on them. They recently had a sale at Flip-Pal but not as good as SG's sale. I do wish they would add an alternate electric source. uses a lot of batteries, but I've scanned a lot of photos just watching TV.
I have two portable scanners (flip Pal is best) so I'm taking them on my vacations with my children. They are bringing photos we want scanned with them. Movies and scanning at times.

#15 jenrou

jenrou

• Members
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

Well, I did take my portable scanners, especially the Flip pal on my long weekend vacation to Alabama. The kids brought their photo albums that weren't digital and I got a lot of them scanned while we visited in recliners. Of course I had to prop my twisted ankle up and ice it for several days off and on while I was scanning. I scanned over 400 photos and if I hadn't had the foot problem I may have done more. The worst part is opening them in PSE and "dividing" them to get the extra scanned edges off. The Vu Point was disappointing as some of them were wavy from dragging it over uneven surfaces. The Flip pal photos came out great! Then I can put them on DVDs for all of the kids and myself.

#16 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 41,877 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

I lent my Flip-Pal to my sister last weekend. I'm really hoping she can get in to see our dad's cousin (whose health is failing) to scan my great grandmother's photo albums.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngWT-Button-copy.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#17 CindyLuWho

CindyLuWho

Lone Star Scrap Girl

• Newsletter Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

Good to hear all the comments from people who love their Flip-Pals. I have been "this close" to ordering one for months... but just keep wishing they'd come up with a newer model that uses electricity OR batteries. Sigh... guess I will have to just get the battery-operated one... which means, of course, that they will probably come out with the electric one soon after! LOL!

#18 jenrou

jenrou

• Members
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

Good to hear all the comments from people who love their Flip-Pals. I have been "this close" to ordering one for months... but just keep wishing they'd come up with a newer model that uses electricity OR batteries. Sigh... guess I will have to just get the battery-operated one... which means, of course, that they will probably come out with the electric one soon after! LOL!

I agree, Cindy, I used a good many batteries, but you can scan several hundred photos on a set of batteries. I don't really like the rechargeable batteries and buying the charger, so I'm hoping for a newer model too.

#19 CindyLuWho

CindyLuWho

Lone Star Scrap Girl

• Newsletter Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

I agree, Cindy, I used a good many batteries, but you can scan several hundred photos on a set of batteries. I don't really like the rechargeable batteries and buying the charger, so I'm hoping for a newer model too.

Thanks for that word on how many you can scan with one set of batteries. Several hundred - that's a bunch! Definitely helpful info. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users