Flip-Pal Scanner

jenrou

I've been waiting for the flip-pal to go on sale, so finally this coupon sale covers everything in the store and I ordered it. What a deal! I had already bought the Vu-Point hand scanner last week and have been trying it out. It scans fine. you have to move it across the photo or page and it saves it to a card. The software doesn't work in my PC but you can download it off the card to the PC. I scanned two whole albums just sitting and watching TV. I probably will return it since all the parts don't work, but it's not bad. I had a coupon so it was less than 100. plus an extended warranty, so I may keep it if the update the software. (Office max)

I hope I get the Flip Pal soon. it has to ship for Flip-Pal headquarters.

I bought the Flip-Pal for my anniversary. :D/>

You are going to love it, Jean! I can't tell you how much I love mine! I am so glad I bought it - I haven't used it for about a month now but I have big plans for it next week as I've found some very old photos in an old album I found in a trunk in our basement that are just perfect for the flip pal!

Can't wait to hear how you use yours!

I took mine to a reunion a few weeks ago...everyone was amazed! I sat and scanned several albums. LOTS of heritage photos!

I took mine to my 40th high school reunion last summer and scanned old yearbook photos of my late sister from the books on display in the memorabilia room!

Flip-Pals almost never go on sale-and this is the last day. 35%! That's a good reason to get an early gift. It gives you the scanner and cover for less than the scanner..B)/>

Since I had already bought the Vu-Point, I'm really getting a lot of photos scanned! Already two + albums! The Vu-Point has to be dragged over the photos, and I end up with some wavy photo! I think I'll like the Flip-Pal better.

We are also scanning store receipt from stores, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know why the link to the Flip-Pal Scanner isn't working and I can't order it from the ScrapGirls' website? I have a couple of albums to scan, and this sounds perfect for that.

That is actually turned off in our store as the item is on back order from Flip Pal. As soon as we hear from them that it's back in stock and shipping we'll turn it back on. You can also check out their site directly. It looks like they are letting you order it, but it does state it's still on backorder

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Flip Pal near the back order date you told me, Angie. I LOVE it! I may buy another one when there's a good sale on them. They recently had a sale at Flip-Pal but not as good as SG's sale. I do wish they would add an alternate electric source. uses a lot of batteries, but I've scanned a lot of photos just watching TV.

I have two portable scanners (flip Pal is best) so I'm taking them on my vacations with my children. They are bringing photos we want scanned with them. Movies and scanning at times.

• 1 month later...

Well, I did take my portable scanners, especially the Flip pal on my long weekend vacation to Alabama. The kids brought their photo albums that weren't digital and I got a lot of them scanned while we visited in recliners. Of course I had to prop my twisted ankle up and ice it for several days off and on while I was scanning. I scanned over 400 photos and if I hadn't had the foot problem I may have done more. The worst part is opening them in PSE and "dividing" them to get the extra scanned edges off. The Vu Point was disappointing as some of them were wavy from dragging it over uneven surfaces. The Flip pal photos came out great! Then I can put them on DVDs for all of the kids and myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Good to hear all the comments from people who love their Flip-Pals. I have been "this close" to ordering one for months... but just keep wishing they'd come up with a newer model that uses electricity OR batteries. Sigh... guess I will have to just get the battery-operated one... which means, of course, that they will probably come out with the electric one soon after! LOL!

Good to hear all the comments from people who love their Flip-Pals. I have been "this close" to ordering one for months... but just keep wishing they'd come up with a newer model that uses electricity OR batteries. Sigh... guess I will have to just get the battery-operated one... which means, of course, that they will probably come out with the electric one soon after! LOL!

I agree, Cindy, I used a good many batteries, but you can scan several hundred photos on a set of batteries. I don't really like the rechargeable batteries and buying the charger, so I'm hoping for a newer model too.

I agree, Cindy, I used a good many batteries, but you can scan several hundred photos on a set of batteries. I don't really like the rechargeable batteries and buying the charger, so I'm hoping for a newer model too.

Thanks for that word on how many you can scan with one set of batteries. Several hundred - that's a bunch! Definitely helpful info. :-)

• 3 years later...

I had a vague memory that flip pal scanners were a big thing here a few years back. I am working on a genealogy project and need a portable scanner that allows me to scan my aunts scrapbook without taking the items out and without trying to balance the book upside down in some fashion. Is anyone using a portable scanner now? If so what brand? Do you like how it works? I could use some feedback before purchasing.

Hi Pat,

I have a Flip Pal and really like it. You don't have to take photos out of albums. I haven't tried scanning through glass or the album plastic but I think they say you can.

I've had good success with the photos I've scanned - they come out great and it's so easy to use the Flip Pal.

Only downside is as they say above - it only uses batteries, but they do last awhile.

I bought a Flip Pal about 10 months ago, after wrestling with our big scanner that was taking several minutes to scan even one photo. I LOVE my Flip Pal! I've gradually been scanning in our older printed photos (pre-digital), for both my photos and DH's, and I do it while sitting and watching the girls play, or watching TV. I've taken all of my photos out of the albums/out from under plastic to scan, so I haven't tried scanning through plastic, but they claim you can. I also haven't tried using the stitching software that comes with it. Regarding batteries, it does suck up 4 AA batteries... you can probably get 100 or more photos scanned during that time. I ended up buying two sets of 4 rechargeable AA batteries, and I just switch them out and recharge them as needed. This is a great little scanner, especially for 4x6 or smaller photos, and especially for the price. Also, you can choose to scan at 300 dpi or 600 dpi. I did 300 at first, since we scrap 300, but now I scan at 600 dpi, given that many of these photos aren't the best quality to begin with (old 35 mm film, disk cameras from when I was little, disposable 35mm, etc). Anyway, I recommend the Flip Pal!

I have used the stitching software and it wows me everytime. I can tend to be too fussy, but try as I might, I can't find the lines where the photo was stiched together.

The PHOTO

on this layout was originally an 8"x10" which obviously didn't fit on the small Flip Pal Scanner, so I scanned it in about 6 separate pieces and put them into the stiching software.

I did blend the resulting photo into the background so you can't see all the edges -- but try as I might I can't see where the pieces were put together.

Pretty flawless in my experience most times if the original photo is good.

• 6 months later...

Archived