3 replies to this topic

#1 NanaB99

NanaB99

Good Scrapper

• Creative Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

ACDSee's customer support, to put it politely, STINKS! I've tried twice to get help with this and get absolutely no response. I was about to pull out my hair until I remembered... "I bet someone on SGs can help me!" If I hadn't spent hours cataloging with this software I would use something else, but at this point it's too big a mountain to climb!

I upgraded to Mountain Lion on my Mac which meant I had to upgrade to ACDSee 2. My files are all there but the cataloging is not. I have backups but don't have a clue how to find the database (if that is what I need to do). Help!!! I followed the install directions carefully so don't know what I've done wrong.....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 BetC

BetC

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

I was so frustrated with ACDSee that I have chalked it up to a learning experience. It worked fine on my Snow Leopard Mac, but as I added more and more files to the catalog it ground to a halt, would not open files and always was crashing. No support from them AT ALL. I did discover that the imbedded info does not transfer unless you move it within the ACDSee program. I wish you luck - I trashed all my work and the program!!!

gallery_19383_297_12527.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#3 Cheri T

Cheri T

Scrap Woman

• Design Team
  • 12,215 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

Darnit, how disappointing. I am one of the few that has stuck with ACDSee for the long, long haul. I still really like it and find it works well for me. I have not, unfortunately, kept up with upgrades to the program though, and know that I'll probably run into huge problems the next time I have to get a new laptop. My version is not compatible with Windows 8. eep.

If you don't happen to find someone on here who can help, Google or see if you can find a private (ie not run by ACDSee) forum with an ACDSee thread. If it's possible for it to run properly again, someone out there probably has posted about it somewhere.

tn_gallery_7171_358_48818.png
Button_Designer.pngButton_Published.pngSGblinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#4 AggieB

AggieB

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 12,696 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

I, too, have been very frustrated with the ACDSee support. The last time I upgraded I lost all my tags (neglected to read the fine print that said you had to back up your database). If I hadn't put so much time into it, I would be tempted to trash it too, but it does have my tags (although the search is lousy) and I've gotten used to editing photos there. Good luck everyone!

gallery_17848_304_78298.gif

December 2010 Member of the Month

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users