Amazing Information About Pse

KayMitch

I may be the only person who hasn't heard about this but I hope it is news to someone. Today I received an email entitled "Top Posts this week on Google+"

One item was a broadcast from Ron Clifford entitled "Are there really any Photoshop secrets" It was a real eye opener.

Apparently PSE has nearly all the capabilities of PS but they are hidden. For the princely sum of about $12 you can purchase a custom script from elementsplus.net which will allow you to access these and is very easy to instal.

Seems if you bought PSE through the Apple store then it doesn't work. It is supposed to work with any version of PSE.

With the recent changes to PS it may be an alternative for some folk.

I'm not really up with PS so I hope I have this right. Perhaps someone who knows more would take a look and see if I'm confused or not.

https://plus.google.com/+RonClifford/posts/CyVRySBPEHY?cfem=1

Seems amazing if it's true. Maybe BarbaraC would know. Thanks for bearing with me. I'm not very technically minded. Kay

From a design perspective, it's certainly possible that Adobe uses the same underlying software code for both products, and locks down certain features for PSE, along with changing its look and feel. I'm a little skeptical on same fronts, because there are some wonky differences between the two. For instance, in PS you have to hold the Shift key to resize proportionally, and you don't have to do that in PSE (7, at least.)

I'm mostly leary of doing something that Adobe might detect during a routine "check for updates" and cause them to withdraw my license. So, I'm not ready to experiment today. Will follow this with interest, though.

The link that was posted is not correct, but I was able to locate and watch the interview. It was interesting. There is a website with this product and it does claim to do what Kay said it claims. It apparently works through scripts and the layers panel.

I am leery of any third party software, and would be hesitant to download it for the reason that I am not familiar with the person who wrote the code. I haven't read all the small print yet, but what I have read tweaked my curiosity.

I have to say that PSE 11 is a POWERFUL tool that has so many capabilities that previous versions didn't have that I don't see a reason to have this bit of scripting. It seems mostly directed at graphic artists and professionals.

As with all downloads, my advice is be careful if you decide to go this route.

Sorry the link didn't work for you Rose Ann. I just tried it again and it seems to work for me. Thank you for your information. I use PSE and it's more I can cope with at the moment so I wasn't planning to extend it more. The video was very interesting all the same. Kay

Sorry I didn't have the time to listen to the video to find the add in they were talking about, but is it Elements +? If so I did a fair amount of research on it earlier in the year when I was trying to do something for the Jumpstart January challenge and found out it wasn't possible in Elements. I got the impression this is a long standing add in and generally highly regarded.

I almost bought it, but in the end didn't because I found a way round what I was trying to achieve (messy and I wouldn't have done it that way if it wasn't for a challenge) and I decided I didn't use all the features I already had in PSE so thought getting extra was probably unnecessary at the time.

If anyone gets it, I'd be interested to hear comments.

Archived