Curled Paper Templates

momvetkat

I bought a LOT of product when I first started out and didn't keep good track of the instructions. Can anyone tell me how to color the different "layers" on Ro's curled templates? I used them before but only used one paper and reduced the opacity so you could see the curl; I'm pretty sure you can use 2 different papers and a different color for the underside of the curl. They are a png file so each layer isn't separate. I use PS CS6 on a Mac. Thanks - I am pretty sure I can find my answer here :)

Hi Kathy!

I would try playing with the blending modes. Place your paper on top of the template and clip it to the template (ctrl+alt+G). With the paper layer selected, change the blending mode at the top of the layers palette. I have good luck with Overlay, Multiply, and Color, but try all of them until you get the look you want.

Thanks so much Monica - trouble is I want 3 different colors and I am working with a png file. Does anyone know if there is an updated version of curled papers that are psd? I have tried searching but to no avail.I know that I can do it in Photoshop (there's always a way!) but I guess I'm too lazy to figure it out.

I don't have Ro's curled papers, and they don't seem to be in the boutique any longer. But if you search on "curled papers" there are several choices, and if instructions aren't included, I'm sure a PM to the designer would get a response. Actually, you might contact Ro. Good luck!

Another idea you might try is to duplicate the paper 3 times and color each layer the color of your choice, then erase or mask the parts you don't want to reveal the 3 colors you do want.

HTH.

Please post and let us know! I look forward to seeing how you make your layout!

Archived