It's Time To Re-June-Venate

ValerieT

Wow this sounds like it may be a challenging month! But I love the idea and will try to keep up! Here goes:

Task 1: I am fairly organized but sometimes I get a bit behind and then I have to spend a bunch of time sorting through all my recent purchases/finds. I have a category for kits, embellishments (which has cat. for ribbons, swirls, masks, hearts, shapes, etc.), papers, templates, fonts etc. I sort everything within these folders by store and then designer.

Task 2: I have my photo ready.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I'm going to take a stab at this. I always say I'm going to do it, but then I don't. So, here goes.....

TASK #1 - Done

I have been working on this for awhile now. I tried Picasa but didn't like it (sorry princessrunningfingers). Like Belle, I decided to use the PSE Organizer and so far, I really like it. I like that you don't have to "copy" them into more than one folder (for instance, if you have a collection and you want to keep it in your collection folder, but then you also want to divide all the different components into separate folders). Instead, you just "tag" each item with as many tags as you want.

My categories are Solid Paper and Patterned Paper (each one also tagged by color); Embellishments; Seasons; Themes; Sports; Brush Pngs; Masks; Type Paths; Alphas; Overlays-Transparencies.

In my Embellishment category, I have the following key word tags: arrows; balloons; beads-berries; borders; brackets; brads-fasteners-clips-staples; bubbles-spheres; butterflies-dragonflies; buttons; chalk-chalkboards; clusters; danglies; disguises; doilies; fences-mats; figures; fireworks; flairs; flowers-pinwheels; food; frames; glitter-sequins-jewels; hearts; leaves-vines-grass; mats; miscellaneous; negatives-photo booths; photo corners; pockets; ribbons-bows-lace; rubberbands; sky-clouds-sun-moon; smoke-spotlight; snowflakes; stars-bursts-glitter; stitching; string-rope-twine; swirls-scatters-splatters; tags-banners-pennants-flags; tape; word art.

I haven't done many layouts yet, but I think this organization will help me want to scrap more and will make it a lot easier to find things. Now to just figure out how all these Scrap Girls create all those amazing layouts they have uploaded to the Gallery! I think I have a ton of learning in my future!

I've used PSE Organizer for several years now and I can't imagine scrapping without it. I have categories for preview sheets (kits, ss paper, brushes, ss embellishments, ss layout templates) and I tag the marketing sheets with this tag. Then for example when I want to preview all my kits, I just click on this tag and they all come up. I love it.

I unzip and organize my stash as I download it. I use ACDSEE, save kits by name and then add categories for the things I need to search for, i.e. colors, patterns, animals, books, etc. It takes some time but I have a LOT of supplies and this lets me find the right things. I also try to pull out several things I have not used and create a layout from them to force my creativity and use my valued stash!

Yippee!! I love Re-June-venate! I'm already a day behind (I'd be 2 days behind, but, thank goodness for Sunday! :D/> ) I'm not eligible for prizes but will give it a try anyway.

Here goes: Everything unzipped and organized. I use PSE Organizer and love it, though I suspect Scrapgram and I are its only users, LOL. I back things up once or twice a month and just did it last week, so I'm pretty much up to date. Check

Found a photo of me. I don't love it, but I think it will work. Check.

Just saw a couple more who use PSE Organizer on here Diane. Our ranks are growing!

Yippee!! I love Re-June-venate! I'm already a day behind (I'd be 2 days behind, but, thank goodness for Sunday! :D/> ) I'm not eligible for prizes but will give it a try anyway.

Here goes: Everything unzipped and organized. I use PSE Organizer and love it, though I suspect Scrapgram and I are its only users, LOL. I back things up once or twice a month and just did it last week, so I'm pretty much up to date. Check

How do you and Scrapgram organize in organizer? Like Belle is doing? I've never used it.:D/> do you tag? Can you use EHD's?

My 1st post on this site :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/> Yay!

I try to stay organized. I have an external drive that I store all of my files on. I keep one file of zipped files by different sites with designer names (so that I can look up to give credit when I use them). The zipped files I store by category - Alphas (by color), doo-dads, splashes, Christmas, Baby (Boy, Girl, Generic), Paper (by color), etc.

I look forward to this challenge!

I've used PSE Organizer for several years now and I can't imagine scrapping without it. I have categories for preview sheets (kits, ss paper, brushes, ss embellishments, ss layout templates) and I tag the marketing sheets with this tag. Then for example when I want to preview all my kits, I just click on this tag and they all come up. I love it.

Now that is a good idea. I've started putting them into OneNote so I could scroll through them, but why use a different piece of software. Next time I'm sorting items I'm going to do this.

Task 2

I've found a picture of myself. I think I've already scrapped it as part of my Project 52 and I also think it is a picture I took using the timer. I don't get excited by having my picture taken, but I don't think it is good that I appear to be missing from our family archives.

I'm a little concerned where this layout is going, because I want this picture to be used on a series of pages, so I may have to do some planning of the other layouts before I can go much further (oh but thinking positively it will mean I get more pages scrapped).

Yippee!! I love Re-June-venate! I'm already a day behind (I'd be 2 days behind, but, thank goodness for Sunday! :D/>/> ) I'm not eligible for prizes but will give it a try anyway.

How do you and Scrapgram organize in organizer? Like Belle is doing? I've never used it.:D/>/> do you tag? Can you use EHD's?

I put all my files into organizer then I tag them. I tag the preview with preview and a theme if it has an obvious one. Then I tag papers with their main colors and if they have something I know I will look for with that (like polka dots or stripes or hearts). I also tag my elements with what they are. I use an EHD and it does work as long as I have it connected...if I disconnect then it can't find them. HTH

My 1st post on this site :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> Yay!

I try to stay organized. I have an external drive that I store all of my files on. I keep one file of zipped files by different sites with designer names (so that I can look up to give credit when I use them). The zipped files I store by category - Alphas (by color), doo-dads, splashes, Christmas, Baby (Boy, Girl, Generic), Paper (by color), etc.

Welcome and you did wonderfully on your first post - YAY! Glad to see you here and so glad you are playing along! :)

Ugh. The first "challenge" I've really tried to do - - and it has to be a picture of ME?!? Can it have grandkids in it also? This may take awhile. Don't like having my picture taken.

I don't like having my picture taken either Deb.

So long as you are in the photo, that's all that counts. So a photo of you with your Grandkids would be perfect.

My 1st post on this site 2468who-do-we-appreciate.gif/> Yay!

Welcome, I'm so glad you are joining in. If you need any help or have any questions please ask.

Task #1

Everything is unzipped and in correct folders.

I keep the collection together but put the marketing images in different folders and that's where I ususally start searching for the right item.

I also use Picasa but have a little language trouble. I don't always know the English names so I don't know what to search for. And tag every item in Swedish - well, no, I don't think so...

I use an EHD for back up.

Task #2

As everyone else says there's not so many photos of the one behind the camera. But I sometimes stretch out my arm to get myself on photo, it works quite well with my small pocket camera or the iPhone. (My profile photo here on SG is taken that way)

So yes, I picked a photo of myself.

Task #3 Look through your supplies or the boutique, for three products you haven't used before that you could use with your photo(s) from Task #2

Requirement: Post links to your three products in this thread.

Ugh. The first "challenge" I've really tried to do - - and it has to be a picture of ME?!? Can it have grandkids in it also? This may take awhile. Don't like having my picture taken.

I feel your pain over snapshots of ourselves, but just jump in!:D/> After all, what can they do to us!

Task #2

This one will be easy....my son is getting married Friday (7th) and I know that scrapbooking the wedding will be my #1 priorty next week. I will definitely include one of me with my family.

I'm glad to see you playing along this month... and I can't wait to see those wedding photos!

Yippee!! I love Re-June-venate! I'm already a day behind (I'd be 2 days behind, but, thank goodness for Sunday! :D/>/> ) I'm not eligible for prizes but will give it a try anyway.

How do you and Scrapgram organize in organizer? Like Belle is doing? I've never used it.:D/>/> do you tag? Can you use EHD's?

We do both have a tagging system for our supplies. You can use an EHD if you want. I wish I would have started doing that because my hard drive is getting full. Thinking about moving some of my supplies to an EHD. I'd be happy to share my system with you if would like it. Just PM me with your email and I will send it.

Task #3 Okay, I found an old photo of my sisters and myself with dolls (instead of Tonka Trucks). I'm even wearing PINK of all colors. :rofl: So, I guess that means I can finally use the Club from April. No more excuses about the rough-and-tumble boys in the dirt.

Here are the products:

Spring Whimsy Collection Biggie

JIF Plus: Spring Whimsy

Spring Whimsy Word Art Mini

Spring Whimsy Paper Super Mini

Spring Whimsy Paper Mini

Pocket Life: Spring Whimsy Cards

And after I do all that copy and pasting...turns out there's a Value Pack...

Value Pack: Spring Whimsy

Task #3 Okay, I found an old photo of my sisters and myself with dolls (instead of Tonka Trucks). I'm even wearing PINK of all colors. :rofl:/> So, I guess that means I can finally use the Club from April. No more excuses about the rough-and-tumble boys in the dirt.

Here are the products:

Spring Whimsy Collection Biggie

JIF Plus: Spring Whimsy

Spring Whimsy Word Art Mini

Spring Whimsy Paper Super Mini

Spring Whimsy Paper Mini

Pocket Life: Spring Whimsy Cards

And after I do all that copy and pasting...turns out there's a Value Pack...

Value Pack: Spring Whimsy

:rofl: Monica! I love that you kept ALL the links for us.

Archived