June/july Hybrid Atc Swap!

CRS

Who's ready for another roundo of the Hybrid ATC Swap? If you are interested in joining, please say so in this thread. You'll have until June 10th to sign up. I'd like you all to vote on a theme, too! Here are the ones from the last round. The cards will be due by July 15th. Please allow time for the snail mail to reach me!

New life or new beginnings

Months (like you can scrap January, Feb, etc)

Growth, growing, etc

Happiness (can be widely interpreted)

Places, countries, etc

Vintage

Color (again widely interpreted)

Animals

New Technique (try a new technique - digital or hybrid)

Weather

"Quotable" (use a quote on your card)-by 2 votes!

Black & white (or black & white with one splash of color)

Pets

Fantasy and Fairy Tales

something "found", a re-used, up-cycled piece

Celebrate

Summertime

The best way to do this seems to be to buy the 9 slot baseball trading card holders. They are designed to fit into a standard 3 ring binder. You can fold the sheets in thirds and fit them into a business sized envelope. Please include return postage in one of the slots, allowing for an extra ounce in case participants are especially exuberant with their bling. If it's not needed, I will return it with your goodies. Also please include a self-addressed envelope. When you mail the envelope to me, the post office people will tell you if there's a non-machinable surcharge. A great hint is to use your own address as the return address in case it gets "returned" for any reason.

Swappers:

Karen

AnnBK

Carla

Lei

Marilyn

Conda

Sherry

Angela

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for remembering me, Carla! As usual, I'm game for any of the topics, but would pick quotables or black and white as favorites. BTW, it's a stunningly gorgeous day here in the harbor of Patmos, Greece. Not sure that I want to leave! If they just had reliable high speed Internet, a printer and some tubes of glitter I could be happy here for a long time!

Not sure I can join in yet as I can see this is going to be such a busy rest of year at work with sooooooooo many changes I'm to scared to commit to anything else at present :(/> Have fun everybody :)/>

Ohhhh... Jane. Sure are missing you in this swap. :(

This is going quicker than I thought. I have the front sheet designed and printed. Just have to design/print backs of cards, assemble and embellish ... I'm trying a brand new technique ... was a little leery at first, but love how it turned out! Hopefully I can get these out in the mail this coming week ... I have a very busy July!

Mine is all in my head. I can't get started on the actual card until next week, but it should go together quickly. I came across a great quote and knew when I heard it that it would be on my cards. The anticipation builds!

Mine is all in my head. I can't get started on the actual card until next week, but it should go together quickly. I came across a great quote and knew when I heard it that it would be on my cards. The anticipation builds!

There's that Carly Simon song running through my head again .... LOL JUST finished my cards and packed them up - will be in tomorrow's mail. Can't tell I was too excited about topic, eh?? LOL

Me, too, Karen. Now the question is whether I should get started on the cards or get some sleep. I feel like I need a week of vacation to get over my vacation!

Awwww.... Get some sleep Ann and can't wait to see photos/LOs from your trip.

Me, too, Karen. Now the question is whether I should get started on the cards or get some sleep. I feel like I need a week of vacation to get over my vacation!

Awwww.... Get some sleep Ann and can't wait to see photos/LOs from your trip.

Definitely get some sleep Ann :). We need a vacation from our vacation for sure :). This first trip to Alaska involves getting our trailer and our friends cabin open after the winter. I am generally manual labor for my DH. Among other things "we" tore down an 8 x 8 shed, rebuilt the floor in another area and reassembled the shed.

Thanks Marilyn :). I also work best when under pressure - lol.

Welcome home Karen and Ann!! I've just started my cards thanks to Lei's post about mailing hers already! I have a vacation coming up, so I need to have mine done before then. Good thing I'm in a scrapping mood lately!

I was all set to print, cut and assemble, and then Mr. Cold made an appearance. I hope to get out of my pajamas for the first time in three days today and make some progress on these. I developed a really cool technique for a background paper. It won't take me long to get them put together.

Lei's cards arrived today, safe and sound! And WOW! Wait until you all see them!!!

Woohoo! I'm just now seeing this ... glad they got there ok!!

I was all set to print, cut and assemble, and then Mr. Cold made an appearance. I hope to get out of my pajamas for the first time in three days today and make some progress on these. I developed a really cool technique for a background paper. It won't take me long to get them put together.

I can't wait to see and hear about your cool technique!! This is one of the things I love about the hybrid ATC swap - you get to share new techniques with each other!!

Archived