Service Dogs

Hi- We are getting a Diabetic Alert Dog (also known as a DAD), for our son in July.We are so excited to be bringing home a life saving companion for our son, and I am hoping to start a blog about life with Nova, our DAD.I also want to start scrapping our son's journey and adventures with his dog right away. I can't find a scrap kit about service dogs or Therapy Dogs anywhere -it should be so easy to create -and must include service vests, patches,(such as "working dog do not pet"), working dog boots, crates, etc. I am hoping that it will be a "serious", beautiful kit with lots of browns and real dog colors along with some brighter accent colors, and definitely should NOT be a cartoon type of kit- Both of the dog kits currently in the collection are too "cutesy" and feminine for this purpose. Our Service dog is a British Lab, but there are a large variety of breeds that are used including Golden doodles, Shepherds and many others. There can also be some agility props thrown in such as fences and tunnels and training devices- this would greatly increase the appeal to lots of dog owners- not just Service Dog owners. Perhaps instead of calling it a Service dog kit it could be called a "working dog" kit so it has a larger market- I would be so grateful for a kit like this! thanks ps I am attaching a current photo of our beautiful Nova- We live in Ohio and he has been in Texas his whole life so we haven't met him yet, but our trainer has been great about sending us photos and updates -lots to scrap already. We will fly out to Texas on July 26th, our son's birthday to meet our puppy, who will be 8 months old at the time, and learn how to work with him. Then we will fly him home.

What a great idea for a collection. I know that there are lots of agility training dogs as well as "working" dogs. How exciting for your family. I look forward to seeing your layouts!

Never heard of a DAD, but very familiar with Therapy Dogs International (TDI) as I have trained and tested for both AKC/CGC and TDI. Lots of work, but so rewarding!! Best of luck with Nova!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Eliza More

Never heard of a DAD, but very familiar with Therapy Dogs International as I have trained and tested for both AKC/CGC and TDI. Lots of work, but so rewarding.

• 2 months later...

Archived