Pse Is Slowwwwww

JeannieH

I know that many of you use PSE on your Mac and I am hoping for some guidance.

I use a MacBook Pro with PSE 10 (from Adobe). I want to use PSE more in SBing but It is frustratingly slow to load anything. ANy hints, settings that I might be overlooking? I WANT to like this program, but am starting to rethink. Thanks in advance!

Sorry, can't help. I'm running PSE9 on a PC, with hundreds of fonts & styles installed...and mine runs just as well as any other programs.

It's frustrating when software doesn't run as well as we want it to!!

Sorry Jeannie, like Tiza, I use PSE 9 (and also PSE 11) on a PC with hundreds of fonts and styles loaded and I don't have any trouble with either version running slow. I'm hoping someone who uses PSE 10 on a MAC may come along with some help for you.

I don't know about a MAC, but on a PC programs will run slow if you have too many other processes/programs going on at the same time.

Hi Jeannie

I have a white macbook and use PSE 6 and my laptop was running SOOOOOOOoooo slow in PSE. What helped me a LOT was to add more RAM to my computer. I added memory also but the additional RAM mad a huge difference in how well PSE worked! Hope that helps.

PSE uses part of your HD as something called a "Scratch Disk" which basically means as a temporary storage area for things it's thinking about. If your HD is almost full, that could cause it to run slowly because there's not enough space for PSE to use.

HTH.

Archived