Need Help With Syndee's Retro Photo Action

ScrapGram

When I try to use Syndee's Retro Photo Action this is what happens: (I installed the pattern that came with the action in the following folder - Program files (x86)/Adobe/PSE11/Presets/Patterns)

When I put my photo in the work space and hit play I get a window with a pattern showing and another window that says Pattern Fill: Scale 100%, Link with layer, Snap to Origin. I click OK.

Then I get the message that says drag your photo on top of the photo mask. I can do that, but the pattern fill layer is over top of the photo mask so after I drag the photo over, the pattern fill covers it.

Then when I hit play again, it will let me change the date. I do that and hit play again, but then all I have is the pattern fill layer.

If I drag the photo over the pattern fill layer, the action adds a date to the photo and I can edit it, but when it finishes, it is the same photo as before I played the action with just a date added. No frame or changes to the photo.

I hope my explanation is understandable!

Oh, I use PSE 11 and Windows 7.

Thanks in advance for any help.

When I try to use Syndee's Retro Photo Action this is what happens: (I installed the pattern that came with the action in the following folder - Program files (x86)/Adobe/PSE11/Presets/Patterns)

When I put my photo in the work space and hit play I get a window with a pattern showing and another window that says Pattern Fill: Scale 100%, Link with layer, Snap to Origin. I click OK.

Then I get the message that says drag your photo on top of the photo mask. I can do that, but the pattern fill layer is over top of the photo mask so after I drag the photo over, the pattern fill covers it.

Then when I hit play again, it will let me change the date. I do that and hit play again, but then all I have is the pattern fill layer.

If I drag the photo over the pattern fill layer, the action adds a date to the photo and I can edit it, but when it finishes, it is the same photo as before I played the action with just a date added. No frame or changes to the photo.

I hope my explanation is understandable!

Oh, I use PSE 11 and Windows 7.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Karen. Are you talking about ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Retro Photo 6301? If so, I noticed in the description it says Tested in Adobe Photoshop CS3 - CS5 Not for Element, so I'm not sure, but it sounds like it may not be compatible with PSE. You may want to send a PM to Syndee to be sure. HTH

Hi Karen,

Theresa is right this was made for Photoshop and not Elements. But it does sound like it's almost working in PSE 11. They have changed things is version 11 so I am very hopeful that it will be easier to get PS actions to work in PSE. I don't currently own PSE 11 so I can't test this for you yet. I plan on upgrading soon.

It there any way to move the photo layer up above the pattern layer in your layers palette? Is it a frame?

Syndee - Thanks for your response. I didn't notice that it was for Photoshop only. BooHoo!! Anyway, I can move the photo above the pattern layer, but then when the action is complete, nothing has changed in the photo and there is no frame added. The only thing it does is add a date.

If you contact Angie at hello@scrapgirls.com she will take care of you. She's always helped me when I have done similar things. I can't speak for her, but when I have bought things that didn't work with PSE she has given me store credit to use to buy another product.

Scrap Girls has extraordinary customer service.

I am going to upgrade to PSE 11 as soon as I see a deal on it - I only use PSE to test new products so I want to make sure I don't spend a bunch on it :) Then I can try to get this to work for PSE. In the meantime if you want contact Angie and let her know it's for PS only.

Syndee - Thanks for your response. I didn't notice that it was for Photoshop only. BooHoo!! Anyway, I can move the photo above the pattern layer, but then when the action is complete, nothing has changed in the photo and there is no frame added. The only thing it does is add a date.

Archived