Picasa 3 On A Mac

I am in the process of switching from a PC to a Mac. I had Apple guys migrate ALL my data (almost 2 TB). Got Adobe to let me switch my Photoshop CS6 platform and downloaded the Mac version of Picasa. Was SO EXCITED about scrapping without PC memory hiccups.... BUT NO!!!! I find I cannot drag and drop from Picasa to Photoshop on the Mac like I have become accustomed (no, addicted!) to doing on my PC. Does anyone use both of the these programs on the Mac? If so, are you able to drag and drop from Picasa to Photoshop? How? Please enlighten me. I really, really, really don't like iPhoto.

Using Picasa for viewing my supplies completely set me free to actually scrapbook rather than search! I don't know of another program that is as good.

Thanks for any secrets....hehe!,

Jane

I've not used Picasa on my mac. I just have folders and drag and drop into PS. I have so many files, all the organizer options just slow me down. I have used iPhoto for my supplies, but I don't really like it. It was great when I had just a few things, but my stash has outgrown the usefulness of it. If I want a pink flower, I just type it in the search and all my pink flowers show up. That's one great thing about the naming conventions used by the SGs designers...descriptive names. If I want all of Angie's blue papers I just type in ABR_blue paper....and there they are....drag and drop to the PS icon in the dock and there it is in photoshop.

if you have photoshop CS6 I think it will have Bridge with it... try that, I LOVE it and now that CS6 has 'minibridge' in it you can find your file and drag straight from mini bridge onto your photoshop page.

I've just switched over to a Mac Pro, but mostly still using Windows. (The color is brownish on my Mac screen.) I've always just used Picasso to look at collections, and just select my supplies from folders as I need them or put the supplies into a folder for that layout. This isn't much help to you, I'm afraid. I will probably still use Picasso just to look at new collections. I need a better way but for now I just -Place- files from folders.

Archived