How To Link Boutique Item To A Message?

jenrou

I've tried several times to link my collection items in Task 13 to my message, using links from the Boutique. They aren't working. I can easily link from the Gallery, so what am I doing wrong? Help!:o/>

It should be the same as creating link from the gallery, but this is how you do it.

1. Copy the url from the address bar on the product page that you wish to link to, usually in the white bar at the top of the web page.
  2. Go to your post and click the 10th button along, the one next to the smiley face.
  3. Paste the url you copied into the top box in the little window that opens, make sure the box is empty before you paste.
  4. Change the text in the bottom box to the name of the product
  5. Click "insert link"

The text you used in step 4, should appear underlined in your post.

I just remembered, if you are using internet explorer there has been an update recently that has been causing some problems. Carla mentioned fixing the compatibility mode and that solved the problem.

I just remembered, if you are using internet explorer there has been an update recently that has been causing some problems. Carla mentioned fixing the compatibility mode and that solved the problem.

Thanks, Valerie,

I've always had problems linking to the Boutique. I got them working on the Mac, so maybe it was IE.

I'm having those quirky problems with the new IE, but what I found worked is to open Scrap Girls twice, in other words, I open two windows. I go to the Forum in the first window. In the second window, I do my boutique search and copy the link. Then I go back to the first window (Forum thread) and paste it, as Valerie described. If that doesn't make sense, write to me. HTH!

I've tried several times to link my collection items in Task 13 to my message, using links from the Boutique. They aren't working. I can easily link from the Gallery, so what am I doing wrong? Help!:o/>/>

Jean, here are some other instructions that may help: Post #5

I'm still having trouble trying to link so could someone please tell me how to open ScrapGirl twice as in Open two windows. When I try to open another it just replaces the one I have open. Bit silly I know.

Another question is I have completed TasKs 12 & 13 ( Even though I wasn't able to link properly) but should I have uploaded my LO yet or is there more steps to come? Thank you. Kay

I'm still having trouble trying to link so could someone please tell me how to open ScrapGirl twice as in Open two windows. When I try to open another it just replaces the one I have open. Bit silly I know.

Another question is I have completed TasKs 12 & 13 ( Even though I wasn't able to link properly) but should I have uploaded my LO yet or is there more steps to come? Thank you. Kay

Hi Kay,

First, try these instructions:

1. On the product page in the Boutique, go to the address bar at the very top of the page, and click in it once to highlight it. Then just press Ctrl+C (to copy)

2. Go back to your post and type the name of the product and highlight it

3. At the top of that post window, click on the little box that looks like a little piece of chain (it’s to the right of the smiley face)

4. When a box opens up, don't click in it, just press Ctrl+V (to paste)

5. Click on the Insert Link button at the bottom of that box. You will see what looks like a lot of gibberish is your post, but when you click the Post button, the post should contain the link (just the name of the item with the line underneath)

If you want to try the method that Diane (Florida Granny) suggested, you can open a new tab and type www.scrapgirls.com in the address bar. Then just click on the tab for the Boutique. HTH ;)

Sorry, I haven't been following the steps, so I'm not sure about your tasks question. I'm sure someone else who's been following along will be able to help you with that.

You've got some more tasks to do for the "oldest" photo layout. It will say in the task description when you need to upload your layout to the gallery. I've just checked the tasks and the task including uploading to the gallery is task #15 which is 21st June.

Tonight I learned how to open another tab. Sheer persistence as I think I did it once then when I went to Post I was told there was no internet connection. Once again had to try and find the items in the Boutique, which wasn't easy. However I have linked some items and I am HAPPY. Thank you everyone for your tips and tricks. Kay

Thanks everyone. I think I ask this same question every year--and I even did a search. I finally used the two page and copy approach.

Kay, when you have a Sg window open, in File, right click and click on Open in a new window to get two pages.

Yes thats what I needed to know thank you Jean. I know it's simple ( when you know how). I think I have a better idea after all the help. Kay

Archived