How Do I Make A Path For Text?

bjc

i want to do my journaling to go around some elements i have on my layout...i think i need to make a path? i want to write in a big white space i have that would be irregular shape around the elements that are on the page...hope this makes sense... i can just do each line of text separately and move them but i figured there must be a better way... thanks

You can use the pen tool in photoshop to create paths for text. As far as I'm aware you can't create paths in PSE but you can use a pre-made one.

Hi Bobbie!

I'm not sure if you want you text inside of a shape or around a shape.

For inside: Placing Your Journaling Inside a Shape

For around: Follow the above tutorial to make the path. Instead of clicking inside the path, click on the path. If you need more directions for this technique, just ask. I couldn't find a tutorial on it, but I could write one if people want.

If they are basic shapes, you can use any of the shape tools. When you make a shape, a path is automatically created for it. Just make a new layer and use the Type Tool...you will see it change to type on a path when you get near the shape. You can set the fill to 0% so there is no color visible in the shape layer or delete that layer once your type is set.

Kari

yes i want to place the text inside the path..and the shape is irregular as it follows around some elements...i am going to see if i can figure this out..thanks ladies for your comments

Hi Bobbie!

For around: Follow the above tutorial to make the path. Instead of clicking inside the path, click on the path. If you need more directions for this technique, just ask. I couldn't find a tutorial on it, but I could write one if people want.

monica, thanks this tuts by syndee was so helpful...is there a way to save it to a file i have called scrapbooking tuts?

Hi Bobbie!

monica, thanks this tuts by syndee was so helpful...is there a way to save it to a file i have called scrapbooking tuts?

I'm not sure you can save it directly, but you can copy and paste to a Word document.

BTW, Syndee posted the tutorial, but Shalae wrote it. It can be confusing when we transfer the old tutorials to the blog.

PSE 11 has a Text on Custom Path Tool which allows you to create a text path. I've only played with it a little bit, but it is fun.

Archived