? About Picassa

Ande43

Do any of you have Picassa on your computer??? I did but after having Dell do some clean-up on it it is gone...I imagine they uninstalled it. I am wondering if I want to re-install it....have heard some negative things about the "Junk" that shows up after installing it.....just the kind of thing I just got rid of LOL....any thoughts on it....I miss it as the program that opened photos and the easy access to editing them if need be...Give me your thoughts.

I use it for now. I'm looking for something else. No real problems, but I have so many supplies it never really fulfills my needs for finding this. Since I am switching to a Mac, I've heard that the Mac version has less features than the Windows version. I mostly now just search in my folders and Place supplies in to either a folder for a layout I'm working on, or directly into PSE. Usually I make a folder for example, Virginia LO, then place copies of what I will use in that folder. Since they are copies, I can delete it after I make the LO.

I probably didn't answer your question about Picasso, but that's about all I know. I do use it to look through my supplies, but that is all.

On the other hand, perhaps I'll take my scrap supplies off of Picasso and try it with my photos. :D/>

I use it for now. I'm looking for something else. No real problems, but I have so many supplies it never really fulfills my needs for finding this. Since I am switching to a Mac, I've heard that the Mac version has less features than the Windows version. I mostly now just search in my folders and Place supplies in to either a folder for a layout I'm working on, or directly into PSE. Usually I make a folder for example, Virginia LO, then place copies of what I will use in that folder. Since they are copies, I can delete it after I make the LO.

I probably didn't answer your question about Picasso, but that's about all I know. I do use it to look through my supplies, but that is all.

On the other hand, perhaps I'll take my scrap supplies off of Picasso and try it with my photos. :D/>/>/>

I've never really used it for my Digi supplies....more for the photos...I like how easy it is to "fix" a pic that needs cropping etc...but I think the negatives may outweigh the positives of having the program...it is a Google program isn't it...hate google stuff it has a way of "Taking Over" your computer without asking LOL

I would love to hear how other people keep track of their supplies. I've been trying to do styles especially in iPhoto on my Mac but I'd love a backup go to. On my mind right now as iPhoto recently disappeared my whole beautifully organized folder of styles

I would love to hear how other people keep track of their supplies. I've been trying to do styles especially in iPhoto on my Mac but I'd love a backup go to. On my mind right now as iPhoto recently disappeared my whole beautifully organized folder of styles

You may want to check some of the threads in the Organizing Files and Fonts Forum HTH :)

I use it almost exclusively for searching my digital scrapbook elements, and it was one of the first programs that I reinstalled after scrubbing my computer. I find it very effective for searching and viewing, and they drag very easily into phototoshop. Now it might not work so well for non-scrapgirls products, because I rely on they way we name our files for effective searching. The file names are very descriptive here!

Archived