32 replies to this topic

#1 ladyscrapalot

ladyscrapalot

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

Well maybe not completely over but it might as well be. I accidentally knocked my EHD off my work table and I think it hit our cedar chest. Now it doesn't work. I am so angry at myself for being so careless. I just want to curl up and cry. My husband knows a computer guy who was able to salvage our info when our desktop crashed. I just don't if my EHD was damaged beyond being able to retrieve anything. Oh I feel so sick.

gallery_19952_66_42170.png

SG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gifBLINKIES_good-girl.gif/Love-ATCs.gifWorldTourButtonNew.pngSecondHomeBlinkieGIF.gif?t=1352459462

#2 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,845 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

Oh, my - what a terrible thing to happen! I can only imagine how awful you must feel and I do hope that someone can salvage your files from your EHD........keep us posted! I think all of us have done something like that at least once! I dropped my laptop and had to have a whole new case put on the laptop - not a good feeling!

Sending you hugs!

BLINKIES_wise1.gif
Love-ATCs.gif
BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif
MischiefWeek2013A_zps000a94e2.gif

#3 Cheri T

Cheri T

Scrap Woman

• Design Team
  • 12,398 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

Oh dear:( Here's to hoping the info can all be retrieved - and if not, if any of it was your SG supplies, email Angie at hello@scrapgirls.com and she'll help you out!
*hugs*

gallery_7171_66_111936.png
Button_Designer.pngButton_Published.pngSGblinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#4 tiza126

tiza126

SG Shopaholic

• Welcoming Committee
  • 17,107 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

Oh no!!!

gallery_14425_66_82034.png

Button_Welcome.png~ SGblinkie.gif ~ BLINKIES_Huckleberry.gif ~ BLINKIES_BoutiqueBabe.gif ~ SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#5 Durin

Durin

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

Oh my!!! Hope any photos and layouts can be retrieved!
Durin

My Gallery
My Products

Posted Image     Posted Image     Posted Image     Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 ladyscrapalot

ladyscrapalot

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

Thanks ladies! I have a tiny bit of news to share. After having a little pity party, I decided to snap out of and get ready to go our computer guy. When I was in the shower I remembered that I have a most of my older photos and lots of my digi supplies on cds! I also think most of my current photos are posted on my facebook page, including the ones from my trip to Rome last month. As for my layouts I may have lost all the psd files but I think I at least have either a jpeg copy or a printed copy of just about everything. I guess that's one good thing about be in a creative slump like I have been in for months. Anyway at least I have the photos which you can't replace. Hopefully Sam, our computer guy, can work his magic!!!! (fingers & toes crossed) If he can then I really need to look in to an online backup service!!!

Thanks again for your support!! Will let you know if I get everything back.

SG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gifBLINKIES_good-girl.gif/Love-ATCs.gifWorldTourButtonNew.pngSecondHomeBlinkieGIF.gif?t=1352459462

#7 ScrapGram

ScrapGram

• Members
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hope everything works out and you get all of your stuff back. I highly recommend an on line backup service. Like you, I was careless with my EHD which had all of my photos since 2004 and many that I had scanned prior to 2004 from previous years all the way back to some of my parents from the 1940s. I kept getting up with my laptop in hand when my EHD was connected and it would fall and pull the USB connection loose. Finally I did it one to many times and the EHD died. I had just signed up for an on line backup service probably 6 weeks or so before my EHD died. When I had to use it, I thought, "This is never going to work" but it did and I got all of my stuff back. What a relief. Ever since I have been very careful with my EHDs, but it is nice to know they are backed up constantly.

gallery_22255_297_28360.png
BLINKIES_software-PSE.gifSGblinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif[img]

#8 ladyscrapalot

ladyscrapalot

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

Just got back from Sam's, although he's retired. The guy there said they could retrieve all my stuff!!!! It will take about a week and kind of expensive. But I'm so relieved. Still a little sick that it happened and that I have to spend the money. In the meantime, must do research on online back up services. Guess I'll head over to those threads and see what I can learn.

Big Heavy sigh of relief.

#9 Cheri T

Cheri T

Scrap Woman

• Design Team
  • 12,398 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

Woohoo to being able to retrieve the info - boo to it being expensive.
*hugs*

gallery_7171_66_111936.png
Button_Designer.pngButton_Published.pngSGblinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#10 Jo Corne

Jo Corne

Racked, Stacked and Mac'd!!

• Design Team
  • 6,985 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

I was feeling terrible for you Kelly but as I read further down I started to feel better, yay that you can get it back, what a relief.

hope you find the right back up service

Button_Designer.pngSG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gif SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

JCO_BabyMine_ValuePack_MKTG_150.jpg JCO_PappasPizza_CollectionMini_MKTG_150. SGClub_Jul14_MKTG_150.jpg  JCO_Monsterrific_ValuePack_MKTG_150.jpg  
My gallery
My Store

#11 KFiasco

KFiasco

• Members
  • 8,377 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

Great news!

Karen
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,629 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

So glad to hear they'll be able to recover your files!

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngWorldTourButtonNew.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#13 jode2771

jode2771

• Creative Team
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

oh phew! I was feeling a little ill myself reading your story... I did a massive backup over the weekend of EVERYTHING to EHD and I have disc backups of MOST things... good lesson to share, THANKS!

gallery_19304_358_14212.png
Button_Layout.pngScrapgirlAussieBlinkieGIF.gif?t=13524539SecondHomeBlinkieGIF.gif?t=1352459462Button_Published.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#14 Becster

Becster

• Members
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

I'm so happy to hear the good news!!!

gallery_20128_4545_53506.jpg
BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifWorldTourButtonNew.png

#15 ValerieT

ValerieT

• TOU Administrator
  • 7,943 posts
  • Personal Statement:Mad as a hatter, with the patience of a saint!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

So glad you will be able to retrieve all your stuff. I know how you felt, my EHD failed last year it was the most horrible feeling. I was saved by my on-line back up DH insisted I had, in the end I only lost a few photos of nothing important.

gallery_22902_66_56172.png

BLINKIES_UK.gif   Button_Layout.png   WorldTourButtonNew.png    Button_Welcome.png  SecondHomeBlinkieGIF.gif?t=1352459462

#16 AggieB

AggieB

• Members
  • 12,875 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

I've been on the edge of my seat, following your saga, Kelly. So glad you were able to retrieve your files. Even if they were on cd's that would have been a huge job to restore. Sorry about the price, though. I use an online backup and, although I haven't had to use it yet, I'm convinced it's a great idea.

gallery_17848_66_32177.jpg

December 2010 Member of the Month

#17 Rose Ann

Rose Ann

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

Glad to hear you can recover your stuff!
Posted Image Posted Image

#18 ladyscrapalot

ladyscrapalot

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

Well, I'm back to feeling sick. :'-( just got a call from the computer place. They are unable to retrieve my files.

#19 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

• Members
  • 50,845 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

Oh, no! I'm so sorry that your files aren't retrievable.........don't forget you can email Angie for any purchases here you lost......:)

BLINKIES_wise1.gif
Love-ATCs.gif
BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#20 ladyscrapalot

ladyscrapalot

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

Thanks for the reminder Sara! I was talking to a lady I work with and she told me about a company online that was able to retrieve her files when a local place said they couldn't. She said they told her they had to work in a "dark room". My sister told me something similar. So I may have to look into that. I can't pick up my EHD until next week. I will post an update if anything happens with that.

#21 elibar

elibar

If there's a cure for this, I don't want it!

• Design Team
  • 12,251 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love your God. Learn His ways. Live for others.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

This is so good to hear!

gallery_11196_66_59859.png
siggie credits

Elisha Barnett
my latest products (click to view):

EBA_Festivitea_Collection_MKTG_150.jpg EBA_Emb_FingerprintChristmas_MKTG_150.jp  EBA_Collection_Kristen_MKTG_150.jpg  EBA_SSTools_Styles_CleanFold_MKTG_150.jp

BLINKIES_Prayer.gifDesigner-sm-1.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#22 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 31,077 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

Good Luck! I've had that sick feeling more than once...

#23 Becster

Becster

• Members
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

Crossing my fingers for your next option Kelly.

gallery_20128_4545_53506.jpg
BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifWorldTourButtonNew.png

#24 KariK

KariK

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

I was feeling awful, then happy, and now that I've reached the bottom of the thread, I am anxious. I pray that they will be able to retrieve your files.

Kari

#25 LaLo1103

LaLo1103

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:39 AM

That has got to be one of the worst feelings and I've been there! I had an EHD just flat out die one day - nothing happened to damage it, it just decided it was time to check out. I was absolutely sick over it! Fortunately, I am married to the computer and he was able to retrieve all the data from it as well. It was such a relief!

Glad to hear you back up and running!!!

SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifSignatureSmv2.jpgButton_Designer.png
StayNeutral150_zpsb56b2cfe.jpgLLO_TwilightTrickery_ColBig_MKTG_150.jpgLLO_BoyJoy_ColBig_MKTG_150.jpg

#26 ladyscrapalot

ladyscrapalot

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

Well it's not looking good. My husband picked up my old EHD. They told him once some glass piece is broken there is no hope. I sent an email to Data Doctors to see what they say. But I have resigned to that fact that it's a lost cause. I'm going to send an email to Angie to see what she can do to help with my digi supplies. I have lots of stuff backed up on cds and on Facebook. I also have lots of my youngest DD color guard photos that the band boosters have at shutterfly so I will be doing a lot of downloading the next week or so. I'll have to look through all my cds to try to determine how much I've lost.

I would just like to thank everyone for their support. This Purple Place is truly a wonderful place. Everyone is so caring even to someone who isn't very involved in the forums. I've been wanting to scrap more, but I have been discouraged and frustrated that I haven't been doing more. Right now I'm just trying not let this stop me completely.

If I get any good news from Data Doctors I will let y'all know. Thanks again

Kelly

#27 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

• Members
  • 50,845 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:03 PM

Well it's not looking good. My husband picked up my old EHD. They told him once some glass piece is broken there is no hope. I sent an email to Data Doctors to see what they say. But I have resigned to that fact that it's a lost cause. I'm going to send an email to Angie to see what she can do to help with my digi supplies. I have lots of stuff backed up on cds and on Facebook. I also have lots of my youngest DD color guard photos that the band boosters have at shutterfly so I will be doing a lot of downloading the next week or so. I'll have to look through all my cds to try to determine how much I've lost.

I would just like to thank everyone for their support. This Purple Place is truly a wonderful place. Everyone is so caring even to someone who isn't very involved in the forums. I've been wanting to scrap more, but I have been discouraged and frustrated that I haven't been doing more. Right now I'm just trying not let this stop me completely.

If I get any good news from Data Doctors I will let y'all know. Thanks again

Kelly

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you - just try and make a list of what you've lost here at SG and Angie is such a wonder at getting your files all together for your to download again - when I had to do it I had soooooooo many files I had to ask her for and honestly, I'm still finding bits and pieces of some collections that I lost and still asking Angie to unlock them for me to re-dowlnload them. She is just awesome and can work magic with problems like this.

Thinking about you and hoping you get this resolved really soon!

BLINKIES_wise1.gif
Love-ATCs.gif
BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#28 GinnyW

GinnyW

I Made it! I'm a Top-Dog Scrapper

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

So sorry to hear this :( something similar like this happened to my daughter, and she took her EHD to Best Buy and they were able to retrieve it for her.
I know Angie will help you with your Scrap Girl Products so give her a holler. Hopefully Data Dr's will have some good news for you!

Ginny
My Gallery
SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Designer.png

My Most recent Collections  (click on the image to be taken to the product page)

GWH_TimeToPlay_ColBig_Mktg150.jpg  GWH_TimeToPlay_AlphaMini_Mktg150.jpg  GWH_TimeToPlay_WAMini_Mktg150.jpg  GWH_ForeverMine_VP_Mktg150.jpg  GWH_NatureWalk_SSEmb_Mktg150.jpg   GWH_NatureWalk_Brush_Mktg150.jpg              

#29 SodScrap

SodScrap

SGU Teacher's Pet

• Welcoming Committee
  • 15,550 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

Oh...ooooops! So sorry, such a hassle!! Fingers crossed that it is not as bad as you fear....

gallery_12013_66_21468.png

ShredButton.pngSG_Olympian.pngButton_Welcome.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifWorldTourButtonNew.png

#30 ladyscrapalot

ladyscrapalot

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

Finally able to contact Data Doctors. $149 just for them to look at it. If they can recover anything that amount goes to the final bill. If they can't recover anything I'm out the $149. Since I already spent over $100 at the local place at this time I can't justify spending money for a possibility they might be able to recover something. I'm mostly upset about photos but I what I can remember I have most on cds or on facebook. I know there are some that I probably have lost for good but at that price YIKES!

Let this be a warning for anyone who thinks it won't happen to you or think an EHD is enough - you just never know! Back up, copy, upload and do it again!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users