Text In A Box

Joey

Is there a way in PSE11 to make a particular shaped text box with the lasso tool and then be able to type text within it? I have seen a tut for PS where you make the box, right click for menu, and get the option to Make Work Path. That option does not show in PSE. I would like to journal following the lines of staggered frames.

Hi Joey,

Have you tried using any of the text tools such as Text on Shape Tool, Text on Custom Path Tool, or Text on Selection Tool which are available in PSE 11? They are all nested under the regular Text Tool. I haven't used them myself, I've only played with them a little bit, but from what you are saying it sounds like you should be able to use one of them for what you are trying to do. In the meantime maybe someone else will come along with some other ideas for you... HTH

Theresa I didn't even know these Text tools were there, OMGosh I must check them out!!! THANKS so much!

YW Shannon! Sorry I don't have more information about them - just haven't had a chance to play with them very much, but they seem to be fun... ;)

Edited to add:

Here's some more info on using them - just scroll down a little. PSE Add Text

I have tried that option, but doesn't work for what I'm looking for. There is text path that you draw, but then your text is on the path line, not within. Was hoping for some way to draw a specially shaped box that I could type within.

Oh my goodness, teecee, you always come up with something new for me to learn! Thanks! I had read that in PS you could create your own special text boxes, but in PSE you needed to use the ones prepared with PS. I haven't tried yet.

I don't think the text path you are looking for is available in PSE 11. Only the text boxes available in the program and of course text paths that can be purchased from Scrap Girls.

Well, shoot. That's what I was afraid of. I guess PS has to keep some features to itself or there would be no reason to buy it. Thanks for the input.

• 2 weeks later...

While you are saving your pennies for photoshop, there is a free software called inkscape that lets you do a text into path. Then you can save the result and add it to a layout. There is a tutorial on you-tube that shows how to do this.

Archived