Jif Plus: Story Of My Life

countrydi

I know this is a stupid question with I'm sure a very simple answer but for the life of me, I can't figure it out . I bought Jif Plus Story of My Life kit here

And I'm embarrassed to even ask this but I wanna use this bad so here goes cause my mind is drawing blank. It comes with a photo mask.

Can someone explain....IN SIMPLE DIRECTIONS how to use it PLEASE?

Also I'm using a different browser because I'm downloading an order, so that could be why, but it doesn't have spell check here. Don't we have that anymore? Or is it my browser?

I'm using Google Chrome

Hi Di! When you want to use a photo mask, (in PSE), just place the photo on the layer directly above the mask layer and press Ctrl+G or go to Layer>Create Clipping Mask. I'm not sure exactly what it is in PS, but maybe someone else will come along who knows.

For the spell check, I'm using Chrome now and if I type a word that is misspelled, a squiggly red line appears under it. It's the same in Firefox and Internet Explorer. HTH :)

Also I'm using a different browser because I'm downloading an order, so that could be why, but it doesn't have spell check here. Don't we have that anymore? Or is it my browser?

I'm using Google Chrome

You may need to turn on the spell check option in the specific browser you're using. I'm pretty sure having it on is the default for chrome.

Thanks Theresa and April. In Internet Explorer there was a button that I hit for spell checker. In Chrome, I did get the squiggly line under it so maybe that's all you get in Chrome.

Theresa....Thanks for the mask info....Can I ask what you use it for? I mean if I'm going to put a pic in the hole, would I clip it to the mask first then put it in the hole for the pic?

If so, what is the benefit of the mask? When you haven't used this in a while, or masks, you forget alot, at least I do. BTW I'm using PSE 11

Thanks Theresa and April. In Internet Explorer there was a button that I hit for spell checker. In Chrome, I did get the squiggly line under it so maybe that's all you get in Chrome.

Theresa....Thanks for the mask info....Can I ask what you use it for? I mean if I'm going to put a pic in the hole, would I clip it to the mask first then put it in the hole for the pic?

If so, what is the benefit of the mask? When you haven't used this in a while, or masks, you forget alot, at least I do. BTW I'm using PSE 11

When you clip the photo to the mask, the photo takes the shape of the mask and depending on the mask may help to blend the photo into the background. You can see some good examples in the marketing images and sample layouts in these products:

ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Artful Photo Masks 2

ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Photo Masks Spots

ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Photo Masks Watercolours

HTH ;)

When you have a word with the red squiggly line under it, hover over it and right click. It will show you a list of possible corrections and you can choose the word you want.

When you have a word with the red squiggly line under it, hover over it and right click. It will show you a list of possible corrections and you can choose the word you want.

Great tip April!

When you clip the photo to the mask, the photo takes the shape of the mask and depending on the mask may help to blend the photo into the background. You can see some good examples in the marketing images and sample layouts in these products:

ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Artful Photo Masks 2

ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Photo Masks Spots

ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Photo Masks Watercolours

HTH wink.gif

It does, Thank you for all the samples! You are a great help!!

Thank you April, that's a big help! You are always a great help also!

Archived