Monday Challenge 8Th July 2013

ValerieT

Today our Monday Challenge takes us to the University City of Oxford.

Know as "the city of dreaming spires", Oxford has many wonderful buildings in a very small space (just over 17 square miles). The University of Oxford is first mentioned in 12th century records, making it the oldest University in the UK and the English speaking world. The University is made up of 38 colleges and 6 permanent private halls, each with it's own style.

There are also many well know Oxford based authors, including;

Lewis Caroll

Colin Dexter

T E Lawrence

C S Lewis

Oscar Wilde

J R R Tolkien

Quite a few films and TV programmes have been film in and around Oxford, including Inspector Morse and Harry Potter.

For those of you who don't know, I used to live in Oxford. It was where I met and married my DH and it was where Lauren and Matty were Born. Further back it was where my paternal Grandmother lived, I had many wonderful times when I stayed with her.

On to your challenge

As Oxford is know as "the city of dreaming spires" your challenge is to scrap any photo with an old building in it. To make this super easy for everyone, lets say your building only has to be about 50 years old or more.

post your finished layouts in the General Message Board Challenges gallery and post a link back here so we can all leave you some love.

Join me next week as our journey around the UK takes us to the seaside city of Brighton.

Sounds a good challenge. I only this week was looking through photos from a holiday we had in Tasmania - the island state at the bottom of Australia and I certainly took some photos of some old buildings during that trip.

My laptop went in for repairs. It cannot be upgraded anymore so I'm getting a new one. I don't when I'll be up and running to do this challenge. Working on my little note book at the moment. We have lots of old buildings in Cape Town, just don't have any photos. Maybe a photo shoot is in order.

Here's mine Mai-Kai. This is a good example of the Mid Century Modern Architecture that is scattered around South Florida. Not very many really old buildings in this neck of the woods :)/> though I would so love to visit the older cities of the world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived