Thursday Challenge July 11Th

Nica

Good Morning! It's a bit stressful around here this morning, so I apologize in advance if I say something that doesn't make sense. Please, ask questions and I'll be more than happy to explain. :hit-head-with-hammer:

This month, I thought we would take a look at Pocket Life Products. Now, don't sell yourself short, you can do this! If you missed last week's challenge, you can find it here. We talked about Pocket Life Products in their most basic sense.

This week, I want to build on what we did last week. As a re-cap, last week, we just put Pocket Life cards in "pockets" added journalling, and we were done. This time, let's talk about what to do if the provided cards aren't quite right for your layout. Most Pocket Life cards are actually supplemental to collections that the designer made in the past or released around the same time. Knowing that, I almost always purchase the collection along with the Pocket Life Product.

In my example for this week I used the April Pocket Life Cards that were free with purchase. They were intended to match Angie Briggs' March SG Club. Looking at the layout, I used 5 of her cards, but 3 of them needed tweaking. On 2 of the cards, my journalling wasn't long enough, so instead of leaving white space, I used a vine embellishment from the coordinating JIF Plus to fill in the space. On 1 of the cards, I had no journalling left to add, so I pulled 3 different butterflies from her coordinating collection.

Once I placed the cards, I had 2 places left to fill, but none of the other cards seemed to fit. Instead of forcing cards into those spots or digging up more pictures that I didn't really want in the first place, I made my own cards. To do that, I made 2 tiny layouts. I used papers and embellishments from the coordinating collection and embellishment mini.

A few suggestions when it comes to adding to pre-made cards or making your own:

• Remember, if you are going to print these out to put in specially designed page protectors, you need to clip everything to the "pocket" in the template, including all embellishments.
  • These cards are much smaller than a standard layout. For shadows, you'll need to adjust your pre-made styles. I use Elisha's ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: ATC Shadows 12601 which are already designed to look right on smaller cards.
  • Keep things simple! These are supposed to help you quickly pull a page together, not stress you out. :)

Here's my layouts: 2-pager, Left, Right

Post your layouts in the General Message Board Gallery

I am a bit confused about what you want us to do, but I have been working on something.

Did it make more sense when you looked at the layout? All I was doing was using the coordinating products to adapt the PL stuff to fit my needs. Let me know if you need more explanation. I can always try again in a different way. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived