Having Trouble With The Chat Room?

April Showers

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm just trying to figure out how wide-spread the chat room issues are.

Please answer the poll question. If you don't know the answer, go try and see if you can get in. smile.gif Then give any details that might help us solve your issue in a post below.

If everyone is having the same problem, it may be easier for us to solve. For instance, if you a get a pop-up message, let me know what it is or take a screen shot of it. If you update java and it still won't let you in, let me know that too.

Thanks for all your help!

Oh, if you could let me know if you're on a PC or a Mac, that would help too.

I usually don't have an issue. I get a security warning to see if I want to run the app. The only times I have trouble is when I click on the box that says not to show that message again. I'm on a PC.

I've only ever had trouble once. Firefox updated and disabled Java, saying it was out of date. I had to update Java, and change the settings in Firefox for it to work. I'm on a PC.

I get the pop-up message and check the box to accept the risk then I click run. I'm using Firefox on Windows 7

Click to enlarge

Sometimes I can get in - but usually I get booted out - I'm on a Mac and I keep my Java updated - I have gotten the security message but when I do, I check to be sure my Java is updated to that version - doesn't seem to make much difference - thinking it's a Mac issue?

I use Safari.

I get the pop-up message and check the box to accept the risk then I click run. I'm using Firefox on Windows 7

Click to enlarge

I get the same thing Theresa does. I am using Google Chrome on XP

Click to enlarge

I've seen this message, too, but then I can get in. I remember one or two rough sessions, but they were quite awhile ago.

Chats hate me :( I can usually get on but then it freezes or kicks me off...I use Safari and a Mac. I think it is a Mac thing not a ScrapGirls thing...but it is consistent on Java based chat rooms...one place uses Adobe Connect and I have never had a problem.

Chats hate me sad.gif I can usually get on but then it freezes or kicks me off...I use Safari and a Mac. I think it is a Mac thing not a ScrapGirls thing...but it is consistent on Java based chat rooms...one place uses Adobe Connect and I have never had a problem.

Adobe Connect uses Adobe Flash rather than java - makes sense that you don't have the same problems. Looks like it is a bit more than what we're already paying for, but we can look into it. Thanks Amber.

I can't get in at all any more. It seems to be a java thing because it's deactivated. I activated it to test it again just now, and it wants me to update and do weird things which I don't trust, so I'm choosing not to do it with all the java problems I've heard about.

I can't get in at all any more. It seems to be a java thing because it's deactivated. I activated it to test it again just now, and it wants me to update and do weird things which I don't trust, so I'm choosing not to do it with all the java problems I've heard about.

The chat requires java to run. It should be the latest version because that will be the most secure.

They really aren't weird things. Updates require you to allow java to access your computer like any software update will. I have to click the same thing for Adobe updates. You can enable and disable java just for the chat. It doesn't take long.

The pop-up when you try to get into the chat tells you java isn't secure. You should never enable it for a site you don't trust. You can allow it to just let it go to the chat room each time though.

I can get in too AND I get the warning box --- I use Goggle Chrome on Windows 7.

Same as Sherry

I'm the same as Theresa. Once I click okay and don't show this again, I'm fine until they update Java again. I'm using Windows 7 on a PC and Firefox.

Click to enlarge

I get the same thing Theresa does. I am using Google Chrome on XP

I get this...I just accepted it and checked not to show me again! ;) I think both were Firefox, one is on Windows 7 and one Windows 8...fyi.

I never had a problem before, but now I just tried it and I get an error message stating that I have to download Java. Did that, but it still won't download the file. I'm using Windows 8 (which I hate) and I believe that is the problem. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know.

I never had a problem before, but now I just tried it and I get an error message stating that I have to download Java. Did that, but it still won't download the file. I'm using Windows 8 (which I hate) and I believe that is the problem. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know.

Carol, I'm just starting to use Windows 8 and still have a love/hate thing going. Have not made up my mind yet. I hope I'm not going to have problems with the chat.

Archived