Hello

StarCMC

Hello!

I am a newbie here but I've been scrapbooking for about 20 years. Mostly paper scrapbooking -- but I had just decided to take the plunge with digital and did my daughter's graduation album that way using Creative Memories software. I was looking forward to really getting into digital but since CM is going belly up I am feeling really adrift. I am looking forward to learning how you guys do your digital scrapbooking - where do you get it printed out? What software do you use? etc. etc.

I am a homeschooling mom of 4 and wife.

It's great to be here and I'm excited about getting to know you all!

Star*

Welcome to Scrap Girls! I use Photoshop now, but started with Photoshop Elements. I scrap 12X12 inch, but print at home 8X8. I have had a few books printed from artscow and shutterfly and liked them both.

Please ask questions if you have any! We're glad you are here!

Hi Star, welcome to Scrap Girls! You are gonna love digital scrapbooking! There are limitless possibilities and no mess:)

I think many of us use Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. I know there other programs as well but I'm not as familiar with them. Someone else will come along and share more options.

There is a 'Learn How' category in the boutique with ebooks and video tutorials that are very helpful.

http://store.scrapgirls.com/c19.php

http://store.scrapgirls.com/c173.php

Feel free to ask questions, We have a very helpful bunch around here. Looking forward to see your layouts of the 4 kiddos in the gallery soon!

Welcome to Scrap Girls! I use Photoshop now, but started with Photoshop Elements. I scrap 12X12 inch, but print at home 8X8. I have had a few books printed from artscow and shutterfly and liked them both.

Please ask questions if you have any! We're glad you are here!

Thanks a bunch! I am considering saving each page I create as a JPG and then uploading it to a printer to have printed as 12x12. I don't know -- it's really confusing when you start looking at it all! I like the 12x12 size because I like to fit a lot of photos on each page. I totally LOVED the 12x12 custom designed hard cover album I did for my daughter. I know that CM used Shutterfly for printing pictures if you uploaded them there, so I am assuming that Shutterfly also printed the book, but I am not sure. I love ScrapGirls kits -- soooooo pretty!

Hi Star, :welcome2: to Scrap Girls! I started out with Photoshop Elements 4 and now I use version 11 and LOVE it! Like Carla, I scrap 12x12 and print 8x8.

In addition to the links Cindy (Cydals) gave you, you may want to check these great free items:

15 Things You NEED to Know to Become a GREAT Digital Scrapbooker (FREE Starter eBook)

Scrap Girls ScrapSimple Instructions Handbook (Free ScrapSimple basics eBook)

Scrap Girls Exuberance Collection

Scrap Girls A Narrative Collection

You'll also find some great tutorials on the Scrap Girls BLOG - click on the Tutorials tab, and there are some wonderful digi scrapping tutorials in the Learn How section here: Scrap Girls FoundationalDigital Scrapbooking Tutorial List

Don't hesitate to ask questions, we are friendly bunch and love to help! We'll be looking forward to seeing you around the forums and getting to know you :)

1127168qo8basv9g8.gif

Hope you enjoy being here and never be hesitant to ask for any help. This is where I learnt soooo very much back when I started. I was a cardmaking and paper scrapbooking before discovering digital scrapbooking. I still do some paper scrapping and cardmaking. I started with Photoshop Elements - a great program and the Scrapbook Secrets lessons available in the boutique HERE are definitely worth the price to purchase them.

Also I just print my pages at home 8 x 8 which make nice size albums. Sometimes I do them 8.5 x 11 ( A4) size.

Welcome Star,

I know you will like it here, and learn a lot. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I had never done any scrapbooking when I started looking at digital a few years ago. Everyone was so helpful. It took me awhile to learn Photoshop Elements 6 but I'm glad I stuck with it. Since then I've gone up to PSE 11 and it is a really good program. actually easier for me than PSE 6 was. Tutorials and other help will get you on your way.

You have been given some very good advice already. I wish you luck and fun in your new adventure.

You soon will consider everyone here your friends if you don't already.

Hi Star, :welcome2:/> to Scrap Girls! I started out with Photoshop Elements 4 and now I use version 11 and LOVE it! Like Carla, I scrap 12x12 and print 8x8.

In addition to the links Cindy (Cydals) gave you, you may want to check these great free items:

15 Things You NEED to Know to Become a GREAT Digital Scrapbooker (FREE Starter eBook)

Scrap Girls ScrapSimple Instructions Handbook (Free ScrapSimple basics eBook)

Scrap Girls Exuberance Collection

Scrap Girls A Narrative Collection

You'll also find some great tutorials on the Scrap Girls BLOG - click on the Tutorials tab, and there are some wonderful digi scrapping tutorials in the Learn How section here: Scrap Girls FoundationalDigital Scrapbooking Tutorial List

Don't hesitate to ask questions, we are friendly bunch and love to help! We'll be looking forward to seeing you around the forums and getting to know you :)/>

WOW!! Thanks so much for those links!!

Thanks everyone, for the wonderful welcomes! I actually own PS7 but never thought about using it for scrapbooking! I guess I thought it would be too much work to learn the details of the program. I may have to re-think that -- especially with all the help I know I could find here! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/> <-- Woohoo!! Used my first emoticon! HA!

Welcome to Scrapgirls and the wonderful world of digi scrapping. I learnt to scrap using PS CS2 - I am completely self taught, using the Secrets tutorials mentioned above, and then by asking lots of questions of the very knowledgeable people on our forum - there's always someone who knows the answer, however small the question.

Archived