Cro_Shabby Shores Question

KnotDreams

Hi Karen

I have that collection and looked at the layout you mention and my guess is it's some sort of blending because I can see the texture of the turquoise paper still showing through the shoreline paper.

CIndy will most likely see this thread, but I'll send her a PM alerting her to it also! I"m interested to know myself so thanks for asking. :)

Hi Karen,

Marilyn is correct. The sand and shoreline was part of the photo that I blended into the background paper using photoshop CS5 on Windows. You can see the netting color is different where I blended the photo over it.

Hope that helps!

Cindy

p.s. Thanks, Marilyn!

I see where the photo has been blended into the background paper, however that does not answer my question.

In the kit, the netting is part of a turquoise background paper. In your layout the background paper is a sandy tone.

I tried lifting the netting out of the image using the magic wand tool, but not with very much success. I'm losing the shadow, or getting too much of the turquoise. I also tried changing the color of the paper, but I lose the whiteness of the net.

Originally, I thought this might be an embellishment that you had placed over a sandy-toned paper, but I'm not finding anything like it in the embellishments part of the kit.

Perhaps my inexperience is showing, but I'm totally mystified. Please help!

Karen

I see where the photo has been blended into the background paper, however that does not answer my question.

In the kit, the netting is part of a turquoise background paper. In your layout the background paper is a sandy tone.

I tried lifting the netting out of the image using the magic wand tool, but not with very much success. I'm losing the shadow, or getting too much of the turquoise. I also tried changing the color of the paper, but I lose the whiteness of the net.

Originally, I thought this might be an embellishment that you had placed over a sandy-toned paper, but I'm not finding anything like it in the embellishments part of the kit.

Perhaps my inexperience is showing, but I'm totally mystified. Please help!

Karen

Karen, you may want to try placing the paper with the sand (CRO_ShabbyShores_CM_Paper3) down as the background, then place the paper with the netting (CRO_ShabbyShores_CM_Paper2) on top, then apply a blending mode to the top layer. You may want to try different blending modes until you get results you like and possibly lower the opacity of the background paper. HTH

If you still need help, you can send a PM to Cindy

Hi Karen

I was just going to ask more when I saw your question! Cindy, can you tell us exactly what blending mode you used or if it was erasing, etc?

What I do think I understand is that Cindy put her beach/shore photo over the netting turquoise paper/background and used some sort of blending mode to let the photo blend down into the netting paper. There might be some erasing also, but she can tell us better!

Hi Karen,

What Theresa suggested is what I did but the white netting did not stay white where I blended it.

So I just figured out how to keep the netting as white as possible. Start by following the steps Theresa mentioned below.

try placing the paper with the sand (CRO_ShabbyShores_CM_Paper3) down as the background, then place the paper with the netting (CRO_ShabbyShores_CM_Paper2) on top

I used the "color" Blending Mode" and then erased the portion I did not want.

To keep the white netting white (do the steps above) and then layer the netting (CRO_ShabbyShores_CM_Paper2) over the paper with the sand (CRO_ShabbyShores_CM_Paper3) and use the "Saturation" blending mode.

I also tried "Overlay" blending mode which made the netting the lightest but it makes the entire paper very light as well.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to email me directly at cyndals@yahoo.com

After reading this discussion... I just had to check out the kit as I have lots of beach photos... what better time to shop than when there is a sale on. Now I have the kit.

Cindy,

Thanks for all your help. I ended up doing it somewhat differently than you described, but I'm pleased with the end result.

Actually, this was my first attempt as using blending modes, and it was a great learning exercise.

I made two pages, which I have added to the gallery, however, I'm not sure how to link them to this post. (They're in the vacations section.)

(And you'll notice a did a bit of a "scrap-lift" on your embellishment cluster.)

Thanks again,

Karen

Figured it out. Here are the links:

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/144536-portland-kennebunkport/

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/144534-fort-scammel/

Archived