Photo

Mre Corner Rounder Action Which Files To Load In Pse11?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 scrap_horse

scrap_horse

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

Hi! I'm getting ready to load actions in PSE11. I'm looking at my folder for MRE Corner Rounder, and I'm now confused. There is one ATN file in the main folder, called MRE_SSTools_Actions_CornerRound.atn. Then there are four ATN files inside a sub-folder, with similar names but "custom", "large", "medium", "small". The product preview just shows what I assume are the "large", "medium", "small". I don't think I ever got this action put into my old PSE either, so I've never used it, but looking forward to it!

Help? Thanks! :-)

#2 teecee

teecee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,926 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

Hi! I'm getting ready to load actions in PSE11. I'm looking at my folder for MRE Corner Rounder, and I'm now confused. There is one ATN file in the main folder, called MRE_SSTools_Actions_CornerRound.atn. Then there are four ATN files inside a sub-folder, with similar names but "custom", "large", "medium", "small". The product preview just shows what I assume are the "large", "medium", "small". I don't think I ever got this action put into my old PSE either, so I've never used it, but looking forward to it!

Hi Jennifer. First, you want to be sure you are loading the PSE files and not the PS files that come with the product. You will want to load all four ATN files: custom, large, medium and small. When you want to use the action to round corners on an item, just choose which size you want. The "custom" action allows you to enter the number of pixels you want to use between 1 and 100. I usually just use the medium or large.

Note: When you use the action, you need to remember to first make a direct selection on the item you are rounding the corners of. To make a direct selection, activate the layer the item is on, then hold CTRL and click on the thumbnail of the image in the layers palette. You should see marching ants around the image. Then select which size corner rounder you want to use and click Play. You will see instructions pop up on the screen which will guide you through the process. HTH

#3 scrap_horse

scrap_horse

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Hi Jennifer. First, you want to be sure you are loading the PSE files and not the PS files that come with the product. You will want to load all four ATN files: custom, large, medium and small. When you want to use the action to round corners on an item, just choose which size you want. The "custom" action allows you to enter the number of pixels you want to use between 1 and 100. I usually just use the medium or large.

Note: When you use the action, you need to remember to first make a direct selection on the item you are rounding the corners of. To make a direct selection, activate the layer the item is on, then hold CTRL and click on the thumbnail of the image in the layers palette. You should see marching ants around the image. Then select which size corner rounder you want to use and click Play. You will see instructions pop up on the screen which will guide you through the process. HTH

Thanks! Got those four loaded. Time to play! :-)

#4 tinkerbell11

tinkerbell11

Collector of shoes, wearer of FLIP FLOPS

• Creative Team
  • 12,399 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

It is a great action! LOVE IT!

gallery_10753_358_55511.png
Button_Welcome.pngSG_BB_LoveThis.pngButton_Published.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#5 Belle

Belle

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 21,698 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

Thanks for the explanation Theresa. I tried this once but was not doing it correctly. Off to try it again.

gallery_19386_66_975.png
 BLINKIES_membmonth.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users