• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 countrydi

countrydi

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,374 posts
  • Personal Statement:We aren't promised tomorrow, so make sure you enjoy and make the most of today!!!!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

I have PSE 11 that I am working with plus PSE 9 (I fall back on till I conquer 11) and I have Photoshop CS4 (that I haven't ventured into yet) But I always seem to have trouble with masks so I downloaded a free trial of Perfect Mask 5 from onOne software thinking that it may be easier. I haven't had alot of time to work in it and I was wondering if anyone else had it or heard of it. And it it something worth investing in, considering the programs I already have? Or would it be better to just to try and learn more about masking with the programs I do have? I don't have money to waste if the programs will do just about the same.

Any opinion is appreciated. Thank you!
~Di~ Photographer @ Heart

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 JenniferZ

JenniferZ

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Design Team
  • 4,002 posts
  • Personal Statement:Strong Women: May we know them. May we raise them. May we be them.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

What do you want to accomplish? Do you want it to do extractions? I have Fluid Mask (an older version, similar, it seems to the one you just got) and I've used it maybe three times. Now, I do a fair amount of extracting for my design work and really, I just do a better job of scanning or photographing things I want to extract and then I just do it in Photoshop. If you want to extract LOTS of people, then these types of programs might help you with the hair, but it still does take a LOT of time, even with the specific capabilities of these programs.

spring10siggy.png
Button_Designer.pngSGblinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#3 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,217 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

I have the program and find it useful for complicated extractions - like lace, but I've found it leaves a lot of semi-transparent areas if you don't have a very clear color differentiation from the background. Anytime I use it, I still have to go in and do a lot of clean-up. I got a great deal on it at a class I was taking. Whether or not it is worth the investment depends a lot on how much extraction you do and what it is for.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#4 countrydi

countrydi

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 4,374 posts
  • Personal Statement:We aren't promised tomorrow, so make sure you enjoy and make the most of today!!!!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

I can see that with you ladies help, this program isn't really going to be worth my investment. And I need to learn more about masking!! Thank you so much for your help and opinions. They have really helped me!!
~Di~ Photographer @ Heart

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users