Perfect Mask 5

countrydi

I have PSE 11 that I am working with plus PSE 9 (I fall back on till I conquer 11) and I have Photoshop CS4 (that I haven't ventured into yet) But I always seem to have trouble with masks so I downloaded a free trial of Perfect Mask 5 from onOne software thinking that it may be easier. I haven't had alot of time to work in it and I was wondering if anyone else had it or heard of it. And it it something worth investing in, considering the programs I already have? Or would it be better to just to try and learn more about masking with the programs I do have? I don't have money to waste if the programs will do just about the same.

Any opinion is appreciated. Thank you!

What do you want to accomplish? Do you want it to do extractions? I have Fluid Mask (an older version, similar, it seems to the one you just got) and I've used it maybe three times. Now, I do a fair amount of extracting for my design work and really, I just do a better job of scanning or photographing things I want to extract and then I just do it in Photoshop. If you want to extract LOTS of people, then these types of programs might help you with the hair, but it still does take a LOT of time, even with the specific capabilities of these programs.

I have the program and find it useful for complicated extractions - like lace, but I've found it leaves a lot of semi-transparent areas if you don't have a very clear color differentiation from the background. Anytime I use it, I still have to go in and do a lot of clean-up. I got a great deal on it at a class I was taking. Whether or not it is worth the investment depends a lot on how much extraction you do and what it is for.

I can see that with you ladies help, this program isn't really going to be worth my investment. And I need to learn more about masking!! Thank you so much for your help and opinions. They have really helped me!!

Archived