The Great Outdoors Photo Challenge

Join Me for a chat all about The Great Outdoors at 6pm (EDT). The Great Outdoors is all around us, starting right outside your window. So get your camera ready for a fun layout challenge.

The chat will be at 11pm for me, so I will need you all to help keep me awake.

I am combining today's Monday challenge with today's road trip stop at the Great Outdoors.

So here is your lesson on Today's location, Doncaster (locally known as Donny).

Doncaster is built on the site of a Roman fort which was constructed in the first century AD.

Doncaster was traditionally a mining town, supplying the local steel towns of Rotheram and Sheffield with coal.

Doncaster has two claims to fame. Firstly the Mallard and Flying Scotsman were built at the Doncaster Locomotive and Carriage Building Works.

The second claim to fame is the St Leger. The St Leger is a horse race that was first run in 1776 and has been run every year since, except during WW2. This makes the St leger the oldest classic horse race in the world.

So why have I picked Doncaster as our location today? Well your challenge is to photograph and scrap your "local" Great Outdoors, and Donny is where I live.

So come and join me in the chat room as we talk about the outdoors and have some fun.

Sorry everyone - I need to go to bed, so I won't be able to join you for the chat. Here are my layouts - I have cheated just a little - Eastbourne beach is not on our doorstep, but it is on Great Grandma's and we've been down there very frequently this summer!

Sea - LHS

Sea - RHS

Is there a time limit to get these layouts completed by?

Forget about my previous question. I found the photo I was searching for.I knew I had taken a good photo on one of our walks to the local bakery this year. I thought I would need to go for another walk to try for another photo. Here is my Sunrise in my own neighbourhood

Archived