6 replies to this topic

#1 ladyscrapalot

ladyscrapalot

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

Ok so I'm trying to load all my digi supplies on my new ehd. I have old stuff backed up on cds that aren't very organized. I have my purchases that Angie helped me redownload. Plus I have a ton of new stuff. My question is how to decide if you should keep something. Today I'm sorting all my papers, which I seem to have a ton of. I don't think I use or will use half of them. But in the back of my mind I think what if. I know they don't take up a lot of space but I think it would help in searching for just the right one. I know organizing is a personal thing and people have different ways of doing it. I was just wondering about what to keep and what not.

Thanks for the input.

gallery_19952_66_11409.png

SG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gifBLINKIES_good-girl.gifLove-ATCs.gif

#2 ScrapGram

ScrapGram

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

Good luck! I have a really hard time getting rid of stuff. I'll share a funny story. I got rid of a kit (took it off my hard drive). Then I turned around and bought it again because it wasn't where I check when I looked to make sure I don't have something before I buy it!

gallery_22255_297_28360.png
BLINKIES_software-PSE.gifSGblinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif[img]

#3 mbc72

mbc72

Keep calm and scrap on!

• Creative Team
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

I know what you mean, I have tons of older stuff and freebies that I am certain will never get used, especially some non-Scrap Girls supplies, but just can't seem to get rid of!!! I have 2 ehds and most of my zipped folders, so I may move some things to my second ehd, or just delete them since I will still have the zipped files in case I ever go looking for them. You are right, it would make searching so much easier!

gallery_8176_229_23474.png

Button_Layout.pngButton_Published.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif
Scrap10-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_Blessed.gif

#4 KFiasco

KFiasco

• Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

I never delete anything. I have been saving freebies for years and I'm sure I'll never use some of them, but I would never say never. Good luck! When I have a free weekend I am going to organize all my stuff. Hopefully.

Karen
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 30,067 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

As soon as I get rid of something in real life, that's when I'll need it. I bet the same thing would apply to my digiscrapping stuff! Good Luck!

#6 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • 21,698 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:48 AM

I have every single zipped file saved on my EHD. If you feel you want to delete something, you will always still have it somewhere.

gallery_19386_66_975.png
 BLINKIES_membmonth.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

#7 princessrunningfingers

princessrunningfingers

I'll Have You In Stitches In No Time

• Members
  • 18,108 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am an avid stitcher, reader, and of course Scrap Girls Addict.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

I took all the non ScrapGirls things off a long time ago, knowing that I would never use them, but I don't think I could part with anything ScrapGirls, even if I never use it again. That's just me.

gallery_15063_3635_67504.png

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_Pblshd.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users