Pse 10 And Scanning

notsosavvy

I have Elements 10,windows 7. Epson perfection 4490 photo scanner. When I scan a photo or document and import it into the software it scans ok but puts up another small box that says "importing from Epson" and then closes and puts the photo in the workspace. (I should have to close that myself),but everything under file is grayed and elements freezes.I cannot print or change anything. I also have PSP 8 and scanning there works just fine. I can print the document and there is no smaller box with the "import from epson". This is probably not clear, but does anyone have any ideas as to why elements is not working correctly? I have had 10 for awhile and just now tried to scan with it,so don't know if this is a new problem or not.

Well I don't know what to tell you. I thank you for responding,tho. I opened PSE 10 and lo and behold it scanned perfectly. I tried a text document too, and it was fine.I can't imagine what was going on. Yesterday I could not do either one,and like I said elements froze up.If it happens again, I will be back.Thank you for offering.

Archived