Upgrade To Pse 11?

Deb C.

OK, I'm coming to my very knowledgeable and helpful SG friends for advice.

I currently own PSE and PRE 9 and I work on a Snow Leopard MacBook Pro (v. 10.6.8). I bought a couple of instruction books for v. 9, one of which shows how to use PSE and PRE together. Unfortunately, I have not taken the time to go through those books very much. (I know - shame on me!)

Anyway, I have a chance to buy PSE and PRE 11 (for a total of $50). My questions are:

1. Are there enough changes between 9 and 11 that would make it a little harder to understand my v. 9 books? Have enough things changed that it will be hard for me to understand the steps they tell me to do?

2. Can you have 9 and 11 on the same laptop? Will it make the laptop run slower? Or cause problems with the organizer?

3. Is it true that eventually I won't be able to upgrade to the newest version because my computer will be too old for it? If so, do you know how long that usually takes to happen? (Is Snow Leopard getting too old for the newest upgrade?)

Just wondering if I should buy 11 or just wait a couple of years and try to master 9 with my books first. I appreciate your input.

Deb

All I can tell you is that version 11 has a lot more features than 9. It is well worth buying. I work on Mac desktop and have both 9 and 11 installed. 11 is MUCH faster to open and installing actions and styles is a breeze. It takes a little getting used to, it has a very different appearance. You might think about downloading a trial and see how you like it. My feeling is that for $50 you really can't go wrong.

Sorry I can't answer your specific questions, but I agree with everything Ann said, only I have a PC. I switched from PSE 9 to PSE 11 and don't have any regrets at all - I LOVE version 11. I don't know about on a laptop, but I have both 9 and 11 installed on my desktop and I don't have any trouble with anything slowing down. I can't answer any questions about the organizer either - I don't use it. HTH

Archived