Scrapsimple Paper Templates: Classic Beauty Patterns

Joey

I am trying to color these papers and am getting absolutely nowhere. Don't have a clue. Have tried everything I know, as limited as that is, - clipping, fill layer, magic wand - and nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, I played a little bit with them. I used some papers and clipping masks. I took screen shots with the layers panel so you can see what I did.

This one has a pretty paper clipped to the paper template and a white fill layer under it.

DEB_SSPaper_ClassicBeautyPatterns_exampleSS2.jpg

This second one, I used two papers from the same collection. One under the template and one clipped to the template.

DEB_SSPaper_ClassicBeautyPatterns_exampleSS.jpg

If you're trying to get a different look, let me know and I'll play with them some more. :)

Thank you for your prompt help. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I am attaching a screenshot of what I am able to do. I have tried all kinds of techniques but I cannot get the flowers colored. I am trying to achieve the look in the layout that came with the papers. The center of the green mat.

post-22303-0-80752700-1376428506_thumb.png

Okay I played some more. What I was not doing was adjusting the opacity. I had just been changing the blending modes. Thank you so much for the screen shot. It helps so much.

post-22303-0-37281000-1376429779_thumb.png

Wow April, these papers are pretty. You went to a lot of trouble.Thanks for this. I think I must go look at my SS papers again.

If you look at the time stamps on my first and second posts, you can tell I didn't take a lot of time on it. 20 minutes and that included saving a screen shot and uploading it to the post. ;)

NO, NO. Can't take credit for layout. That is the marketing layout that came with papers. Was using it for a guide for coloring. Maybe someday my work will be as pretty.

Thanks again for the help. After working with that paper for a couple of hours last night, I just knew that when I found out how to do it, it was going to be very simple.

Okay, I played a little bit with them. I used some papers and clipping masks. I took screen shots with the layers panel so you can see what I did.

This one has a pretty paper clipped to the paper template and a white fill layer under it.

post-5375-0-51093200-1376365629_thumb.jpg

This second one, I used two papers from the same collection. One under the template and one clipped to the template.

post-5375-0-67340000-1376365703_thumb.jpg

If you're trying to get a different look, let me know and I'll play with them some more. :)/>

April, you say to use a 'white fill layer' under the paper. Is that the same as when you open a new blank page you use File>New>Blank>Background Contents>White?

Tried the second page and I came up with this:

I used: SNU Altered Life Paper Mini -- Red Paint (bottom Layer)

SNU SSPaper Templates -- Isn't It Grand-6 (Middle layer)

SNU Altered Life Paper Biggie -- Pink Fancy

Now I know how to work with paper templates. Next I need to figure out how to recolor just certain areas of the templates, like the birds.

This is a great thread! Joey, I just bought those SS Paper templates during the retirement sale. Glad you asked the question. I'm hoping to play with them today! April, thanks for the screen shots. And Carol...BEAUTIFUL papers!!! Nicely done!

Archived