Dust If You Must

Belle

LADIES

Remember...a layer of dust protects the Wood beneath it.

'A house becomes a home when you can write 'I love you' on the furniture.'

I used to spend at least 8 hours every weekend makingsure things were just perfect - 'in case someone came over' FinallyI realised oneday that no-one came over; they were all out living life and having fun

NOW, when people visit, I don't have to explain the 'condition' of my home

They are more interested in hearing about the things I've been doing while Iwas away living life and having fun...

If you haven't figured this out yet, please heedthis advice.

Life is short. Enjoy it!

Dust if you must .......

but wouldn't it be better to paint a picture orwrite a letter, bake cookies or a cake and lick the spoon or plant a seed,

ponder the difference between want and need?

Dust if you must, but there's not much time . . .. .

with wine to drink , rivers to swim and mountains toclimb , music to hear andbooks to read, friends to cherish and life to lead.

Dust if you must,

but the world's out there with the sunin your eyes, the wind in your hair, a flutter of snow, a shower of rain.This day will notcome around, again.

Dust if you must , but bear in mind, old age will come and it's not kind..

And when you go - and go you must -you, yourself will make more dust!

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Great advice, Belle. I can remember when I vacuumed my house almost every day, but those days are well behind me now.

LOL You and me both, Joyce! Great advice and so true, Belle!

I remember when I used to dust and vacuum every Saturday. I'd spend practically the whole day inside cleaning. Then a 'very good' friend of mine asked me: "WHY?"

I didn't have an answer for her.

Archived