Frustrated With My Camera Issues

countrydi

I have made a major move in my life now. Moved down south actually now. I have moved from PA and temp stayed at my sisters in Maryland while I had major reconstruction surgery on my foot and now have relocated permanently to South Carolina and I'm trying to get settled in here. I have run into a major issue with my big camera and I am very frustrated. My roommate keeps the air conditioner very cool/cold in the house cause that's the way they like it but that's where my problem comes in. I have a Canon Rebel XS 1000D camera. And when I take it outside it fogs up completely. It takes a good 45 minutes to unfog enough to take a picture. Even the mirror, or whatever that thingy inside the camera is, fogs up. I even tried keeping it in my heavy duty camera bag and then taking the whole bag outside. Still happens. And it's not even real hot out today, it's rainy and chilly outside today and it still fogged up. And I sat out on the back porch for almost an hour before it was able to take some pics.

Anyone know what I can do? I appreciate any help!

Thank you in advance!!

That really does sound annoying. I did a little googling and found that it's a common problem, particularly in the humid southeast. The solution, of course is to keep your camera in a warm place. Some suggested a zip lock bag with some desiccant packets. Also read a suggestion to place the camera on a warm eating pad for a while before you go out. That pretty much eliminates those chance of a lifetime shots that crop up unexpectedly. Do you by chance have an u heated adage where you could keep your camera? Hope you figure something out!

Glad you're back, Di! I hope you've found a happy place!

I ran into that problem when we were in Florida this summer. I went out of the chilly hotel room to take pictures of the sunrise, but I ended up having to take them with my phone! So frustrating! I suppose the only solution is to keep the camera someplace warmer, or create a warmer space for it somehow.

Welcome back, Di! I was going to say the same thing that Ann and Elisha said about keeping your camera in a warm place if possible.........I'm so glad to see you back again! Hugs!

When you leave the cold, place in a zip lock bag (maybe keep it in the camera bag?). I've had the opposite problem....in the winter I have to place it in the bag before bringing it indoors. It does take a little while for the temp to equalize out.

Here's a link I found with your question, some ingenious suggestions http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00122f

Archived