Do You Have A Favourite Pse Style?

Eden

When I first got PSE I went silly and obtained a lot of different styles but I find that I hardly use most of them. I still love how styles work and would like to gather a good all round collection that remain useful. I'd love to hear from you if you have a style you use over and over again.

I think I use ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Basic Shadows 6501 on just about every layout I do.

Another favorite of mine is ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Unique 5104 Biggie

I could probably go on and on because there are so many styles that I love, but these are two of my very favorites that I use quite often.

Oh my goodness - I just went through my PSE Effects panel, and wrote down the styles I know I've used in the last month or two, some more than others. That leaves a whole bunch I've used only once or twice, and some I've never used - don't know why I bought them.

The list, with abbreviated names & no numbers:

AFT/ASO: Wired, several glitter styles, glass & water;

BMU: Aged Metals, assorted glitters, Emboss/Engrave; actions - Mega Lift, Sketch It

DEB: Pearl, Unique, Altered Art Essentials;

MST: Epoxy;

SNU: Sanded Edge;

MRE: Actions - Photo Basics, Edge It (and the Inky Brush)

SBA: Basic Shadows & Shadow Layers

Some retired styles I still use often:

CBA: Glass-Clear; Glossy; Inked Edges;

EHI: Bevel. Barely There Inked Edges & Vellum

I use many of the ones listed above a lot, but every now and then I'll run across an old one I haven't used, and it seems like I use it a lot for a while. I guess that's a hazard from having so many loaded I don't remember them all. :)

And even though something is designed to be used one way, it may have other great uses. I use Kerry's Starburst styles on a copy of journaling (the underneath layer) to help it show up on darker paper.

I think I use ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Basic Shadows 6501 on just about every layout I do.

I could probably go on and on because there are so many styles that I love, but these are two of my very favorites that I use quite often.

I use the Basic Shadows style on EVERY. SINGLE. PAGE. I highly, highly recommend it. It makes your shadows look so much more realistic, with just the click of a button instead of manually having to tweak the default ones that come with PSE.

I use the Basic Shadows style on EVERY. SINGLE. PAGE. I highly, highly recommend it. It makes your shadows look so much more realistic, with just the click of a button instead of manually having to tweak the default ones that come with PSE.

I like the ease of shadow styles too. I think it;s time to expand that part of the collection.

Hi Eden

I know just what you mean. I have a lot I don't use (or even forget I have!) but I really like

ASO Glitter Glows and use it a lot.

Some other favorites are:

AFT Bokeh

BMU Sketch It Mini

KVE Starburst White and Starburst Pasels

What are your favorites? :)/>/>

I have a some older shadow styles that I use quite a lot but I don't think they're in the boutique any more. I think that my absolute favourite is a set of Brandy Murry's Autumn suede styles. I love luxe effect.

I'll have to try Gayle's idea - using the starburst under journaling. I know I have at least one starburst style. What I usually do is apply PSE's simple outer glow, and tweak the color from yellow to a pale version of the background, then decrease the opacity and increase the size until it doesn't show up as an edge. It's subtle, but it works - usually.

Archived