Adding Shapes To Pse11

lorac

I can't figure out how to add shapes to PSE11. I tried the previous way of copy/paste, but then I can't find the shapes in the graphics panel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Carol, give me a few minutes and I'll see if I can walk you through it...

I'm back - try this Carol:

1. To install shapes (.csh) files: With PSE 11 closed, Go to where you have your .csh files on your computer, right click on the .csh file you want to install, and choose Copy

Next, go to (C:)>Program Files(x86)>Adobe>Photoshop Elements 11>Presets>Custom Shapes. Right click in the window and choose Paste. Now when you open PSE 11, the files should be there and ready to use.

2. Open your document in PSE 11, click on the Custom Shape Tool icon. Then in the Tools Options panel at the bottom of the screen click the small down arrow to open the Custom Shape Picker drop down menu. When the menu opens, click Default at the top of the menu and you should see a list of the names of all of the installed shapes. Just click on the one you want to use.

Let me know if you need more help or some screen shots.

HTH :)

Followed your instructions. Got to open PSE11; open my document. Clicked on the custom shape tool icon; opened the custom shape picker drop down menu; clicked 'default'; found the list of shapes, but mine wasn't there.

Don't know what's happening, but neither of the shapes I added are there.

Any further suggestions?

Never mind, Theresa. I figured it out. What was happening was I was clicking on 'Default' and not looking down that list to find the shape that I wanted to use. 'Default' shows only those shapes that come with PSE11, not ones that I add to shapes.

Never mind, Theresa. I figured it out. What was happening was I was clicking on 'Default' and not looking down that list to find the shape that I wanted to use. 'Default' shows only those shapes that come with PSE11, not ones that I add to shapes.

Glad to hear you got it figured out Carol!

Theresa:

I followed your directions also. Thanks! Whenever I used a shape, the selected Style (as selected in the drop down box next to the shape drop down box) would apply to the shape. If I want to color the shape a solid color, I simplified the layer and then used the paint bucket. Is there any way to turn off the style?

Barbara

Theresa:

I followed your directions also. Thanks! Whenever I used a shape, the selected Style (as selected in the drop down box next to the shape drop down box) would apply to the shape. If I want to color the shape a solid color, I simplified the layer and then used the paint bucket. Is there any way to turn off the style?

Barbara

Hi Barbara. Click the down arrow to open the Style picker (next to the chosen shape icon and just above the chosen color) and there is a tiny menu drop down at the top of the window and to the right of the Style name. Click on that little menu and then choose Remove Style.

Note: If you have simplified the shape, I don't think you will be able to remove the style that has already been applied. If you want to create a shape with no style applied at all, just be sure Remove Style is checked. You can always add a style after you've created the shape, and you can also apply a style from the layer styles panel. Hope this is clear enough - I can post some screen shots if you need them. HTH :)

Thank you! I saw that option and assumed it would remove the style from my loaded styles collection.

Nope. To remove a style from the loaded styles, you would need to go to the menu in the layer styles panel and choose Delete (style name)

Archived