Shutterfly Photo Books

shellie44

I was looking through shutterfly to choose a photobook before I started a book and I can't seem to find one that is just plain..the ones that I was looking at all had places to add text or there were ones that already had embellishments on the pages..I am working on my own pages using pse and just want to add them to a book

Hi Shellie,

I know a lot of the online photo companies have changed their format and don't always have a blank page for you to just drop your completed layout into anymore. I would suggest you check the number of photos option on each page and try to find "1". That used to work for me, but I'm going to go over there right now and check it out.

I was just poking around their site on my phone, and it looks like if you choose the "Portfolio" option on the left (after choosing your book size), there is actually a book called "digiscrap" that has full blank pages for you to insert your layouts. Let me know if that doesn't work and we can figure it out! Good luck, I think printing books of layouts is one of the most satisfying parts of this, actually getting to see your hard work there on the page! :)

Ok, I'm back. Here's what you do Shellie. Start to make your Snapfish book (pick size, photos etc) - in this case you'd upload the albums of your layouts you want to use.

Look to the left at the vertical rectangle - click on the very first tab, "Layouts"

Click on the layouts that show one large photo on the page and that should allow you to put in a layout you've already created as one photo. You might have a little bit of space around the edge of each page, I can't tell that part for sure without actually starting a book!

Good luck and post again if this doesn't make sense.

(PS Laurel posted as I was writing. I'm not sure, think we are saying the same, except hers might be from a phone as opposed to computer. Let us know if you need more help and as Laurel says, together we'll all figure it out!)

I was just poking around their site on my phone, and it looks like if you choose the "Portfolio" option on the left (after choosing your book size), there is actually a book called "digiscrap" that has full blank pages for you to insert your layouts. Let me know if that doesn't work and we can figure it out! Good luck, I think printing books of layouts is one of the most satisfying parts of this, actually getting to see your hard work there on the page! :)/>

I could not find the "portfolio" option I am using shutterfly.com and I couldn't find that option..I went into shutterfly and chose "photobooks" from top left then I chose "custom path" and chose the 8x11 book..am I doing something wrong

Shellie, did you find the tab "Layouts" that I talked about above? That should give you different page set-ups to choose from. From what I can see there is usually a full photo option you would need to click on for each page.

Hi Shellie,

I use Photobook Worldwide because I find their project interface easier to figure out and also because they have regional support in my part of the world. If I'm not mistaken it is a Canadian company. I am very happy with the quality of their work, speed of delivery and their customer support. You might want to check them out!

Armi

Shellie, did you find the tab "Layouts" that I talked about above? That should give you different page set-ups to choose from.

No because I was wanting to use shutterfly as I hear so many great reviews about them

sorry for the confusion, shellie - the "Layouts" tab I was referring to is on the shutterfly page as you are making your book.

Look to the left - there is a vertical box and it should be the top tab. Click on that and you will get all kinds of choices for pages. What you want to do is pick the ONE photo page and just put your own completed layout in it.

I use shutterfly all the time for my books. Just click on photo books, then Custom Path. Pick your book size. Then it tells you to pick a style. I always choose the first one, Modern Black. Choose your photos (layouts) and add to your project. Then, when you start to fill your book, on the left hand side, there are layout options. If you choose the solid gray page (no room for journaling or other photos), click on it, that should change the layout style on the page. Then just click and drag your scrapbook page into that layout style. If it's not listed on the left, click on "Get More Layouts" below the samples and find the one there. Feel free to pm me if you have more questions. Also, be sure to check out the templates for the covers. It's a little bit different than the pages. I can't find a link on their website, but I have them saved if you want them...Good Luck!

There's a new style in Shutterfly for adding your digi layouts to a book. Find it as Carla wrote, by going to Photobooks, Custom Path, pick the size book, and then look for Book Ideas at the left. Select "Everyday" and then scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see the style called Digiscrap.

There's a new style in Shutterfly for adding your digi layouts to a book. Find it as Carla wrote, by going to Photobooks, Custom Path, pick the size book, and then look for Book Ideas at the left. Select "Everyday" and then scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see the style called Digiscrap.

Thanks so much Tina I found it and that's exactly what I was looking for

so glad you found it Shellie, I use shutterfly too and have always been happy with their product. then they changed things around a bit and it wasn't so great but they obviously had enough of us digiscrappers asking where that particular book layout had gone and brought it back, yay.

hope you have some happy scrapping time

I'm so glad they brought this back! It looks so much easier!

Archived