Need Help Understanding About Layout Sizes

shellie44

I started my first photobook page using PSE 9.0 and I thought it was saved as a 12x12 page which I was using for my cover of my book and when I went to shutterfly and choice a book and brought in the saved page it only fit in the middle of the cover of the book. Not sure what I did wrong..I was sure when I opened up a new project in PSE it was a 12x12 size, did I do something wrong when I saved it to a jpg file. Now I have to start my page all over as it is now saved as a jpg and it apparently is not 12x12,

Please help me with this before I start this page again

Thanks Shelley

I started my first photobook page using PSE 9.0 and I thought it was saved as a 12x12 page which I was using for my cover of my book and when I went to shutterfly and choice a book and brought in the saved page it only fit in the middle of the cover of the book. Not sure what I did wrong..I was sure when I opened up a new project in PSE it was a 12x12 size, did I do something wrong when I saved it to a jpg file. Now I have to start my page all over as it is now saved as a jpg and it apparently is not 12x12,

Thanks Shelley

Shelly, I'm not positive, but there might not be an option to have a full-sized photo as a cover - you might HAVE to use the default of a border around the edge.

Try your 12x12 layout on the following pages - look under the "Layouts" tab on the left and look for the photo of a one pic page and click on it.

What might be happening to you is that your page IS 12x12, but the cover might not accept this size. There is an edit/crop though - you should be able to resize the cover so your whole layout shows?

I'm sorry, this is as much as I can tell without actually creating a book.

Shelley-you can check the size of the jpg by opening it in PSE. When it is open, click on image (top bar) and then click on size. A window should pop up with the size. It is possible to resize the jpg without recreating the entire project. To do this, when the image size window is open, you can change measurements there. (by typing in the boxes)

That is the short version of an answer. There are a lot of variables...and without knowing them, this is the best place to start. Please post back and let us know what you find and if you are able to determine the size and correct it.

Thanks Shelley

Shelly, I'm not positive, but there might not be an option to have a full-sized photo as a cover - you might HAVE to use the default of a border around the edge.

Try your 12x12 layout on the following pages - look under the "Layouts" tab on the left and look for the photo of a one pic page and click on it.

What might be happening to you is that your page IS 12x12, but the cover might not accept this size. There is an edit/crop though - you should be able to resize the cover so your whole layout shows?

I'm sorry, this is as much as I can tell without actually creating a book.

I am not familiar with the books either. I didn't think about it being a restriction of the book and not the size of the image.

I've used a layout as a cover for a book many times with no borders or anything like that. If your layout is showing small, make sure your resolution is 300 dpi (it's in the same place as the image size in pse). Also, make sure you are using a full page template for the book, too.

Archived