September Atc Challenge & Swap

teecee

Hello everyone! I have learned the month of September is officially Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month. So, for September I think we should create our ATCs around the theme of writing/writers. You may want to create your cards using favorite quotations, favorite books, poetry, songs, information about a writer/author or anything else you can think of that has to do with writers. Above all, have FUN with it!

As always, remember part of the beauty of ATCs is that you don't have to include a photo if you don't have one you would like to use; though you may certainly use photos if you wish to. You can create a card with digital embellishments, brushes, word art, papers, styles/actions or just anything you have in your stash.

You may create as many cards as you would like, just please remember to sign and date each card. Upload them to the ATC Challenge & Swap Gallery and email the full resolution copy (750 x 1050 pixels at 300 dpi) to me at: scrapgirl.teecee@gmail.com for the swap. I’ll be looking forward to seeing your wonderful artwork!
The cards will be due to me by Monday September 30th, and I'll try to post a new challenge on or about October 1st.

If you need extra help creating your cards, here are some great products made especially for ATCs:
ATC Backgrounds Paper Biggie
ScrapSimple Alpha Templates: Collage ATC
ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: ATC Shadows 12601
ScrapSimple Craft Templates: Artist Trading Cards
ScrapSimple Craft Templates: Artist Trading Cards 2
Printable Art and Crafts Sheet: ATC - The Robin
Value Pack: Artist Trading Cards

In addition to the above products, don't forget that with a little bit of re-sizing, many of the Pocket Life products may be used for ATCs.

LOVE this theme, Theresa, since quotes are my FAVORITE thing! I think I might just find something in my quote stash! You do think of the best ATC themes! I'll think about this for awhile - I can't believe it's September already - where does the time go - we'll be thinking about Christmas before we know it!

Hugs, sweetie and I hope you're having a good day!

LOVE this theme, Theresa, since quotes are my FAVORITE thing! I think I might just find something in my quote stash! You do think of the best ATC themes! I'll think about this for awhile - I can't believe it's September already - where does the time go - we'll be thinking about Christmas before we know it!

Hugs, sweetie and I hope you're having a good day!

So glad you like this month's theme Sara! I'm a quote lover too. I always enjoy your ATCs and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Hugs back at ya and hope you have a great day also! :)

Mmmm - this is something for me to think on! So sorry I've missed to past few months challenges. Here's hoping I can get back in the swing with this one.

Hi Hilary! I sure hope you'll be able to participate this month - we've missed you!! ;)

Perfect theme! I'm gearing up for National Novel Writing Month in November, and I have a bunch of quotes I can use!

Yay Becky! Can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

I'll try to join in again this month. Just don't tell me about any typos after it's printed. ;):oops:

:) So happy you'll be joining us again this month!

Just today I printed the ATCs from August to put in my album.

I love looking at them online, but it's also fun to print them and have them together as a collection. Thanks to everyone who made one last month!

I have one thought regarding ATCs that I want to share. They are VERY small. It's easy to forget that when our computer shows an enlarged version on the screen, and we have lots of thoughts we want to include or a longer quote. But, if that font size gets too small, it takes a magnifying glass to read the journaling. Now I saved them all anyway, because the colors and layout make them fun to look at, but if that text is too small, your message is lost. Sorry.

Please, for the sake of those of us who want to print, keep that font size to a minimum of maybe 6 or 8? (You can always check readability by doing a print at home. The font you choose makes a big difference, too.)

Don't mean to complain, but hate to see creative thoughts go to waste. Or am I the only one with failing eyesight?

Karen

Here is another attempt. I bought the ATC papers but the paper is still HUGE when I put it on my small layout. Am I doing something wrong? It is such a pain to resize the papers and embellishments. Is there an easier way. I use PSE11 on a PC. Windows 8.

My link

SNU_Picturesque_Emb_CalligPen.png; ABR_BOY_Element_Book.png;;EBA_LifeKeeping_85x11Paper_Orange.jpg; EBA_LifeKeeping_85x11Paper_Waves.jpg; EBA_Bookshelf_Books-Stacked.png;SBA Basic Shadows; BMU_FTDO_EMB_Ink.png;

Here is another attempt. I bought the ATC papers but the paper is still HUGE when I put it on my small layout. Am I doing something wrong? It is such a pain to resize the papers and embellishments. Is there an easier way. I use PSE11 on a PC. Windows 8.

My link

SNU_Picturesque_Emb_CalligPen.png; ABR_BOY_Element_Book.png;;EBA_LifeKeeping_85x11Paper_Orange.jpg; EBA_LifeKeeping_85x11Paper_Waves.jpg; EBA_Bookshelf_Books-Stacked.png;SBA Basic Shadows; BMU_FTDO_EMB_Ink.png;

Hi Belle, I'm not sure why the paper is coming out too large. When you begin your card, you want to be sure to start with a new blank document 2.5 inches wide x 3.5 inches high at 300 pixels/inch, (or 3.5 inches wide x 2.5 inches high at 300 pixels/inch for landscape orientation). Then if you are using ATC papers, when you drag your paper onto the layout, it should fit perfectly and not need to be re-sized. HTH

The dimensions of the card you emailed me are perfect :) , so I'm a little puzzled about why the ATC papers don't fit.

NOTE: If you are using any papers and/or embellishments not specifically created for ATCs, you will need to re-size them because they have been created for larger sized pages.

Archived