Slow Scrap September

ValerieT

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my week 2 task 3 This is from My DD 8th birthday I don't know if it's my favorite but my favorite from that day. I did black and white to the photo but masked her so she stood out in colour!! I think it works nicely

Here's one of my favorite photos of my daughter and her husband. I used Photos that Pop style, and layer masks and blending to improve the color and bring out the distant background. I tried making the sky blue (it really was that day!) but haven't yet done one I like because the leaves make it hard to get the selection right,

Week Two; Task Four

Add three embellishments on your layout. You may duplicate your embellishments as many times as you wish, but can use only three.e!

This is going to be tough for me! Everyone's layouts look great so far!

I know that half the month is over, but I wanted to get in on this anyway. I'm very new to digital scrapbooking, so this is going to look amateurish.

Great to have you join us Doris. Don't worry about being new to digital scrapbooking, we were all new some time. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Today I feel like The Wicked Witch of Yorkshirenewangel.gif I'd forgotten what today's task was.

Don't forget you can duplicate one or more of your three embellishments.

My embellishments are added.

I knew exactly what photo I wanted to use. This old tree had been growing in the park for years then it died. I loved that old tree so took some photos before it was chopped down. I used Brandy's Sketch It Action to make it look like a painting. The hardest par was trying to find papers to go with it. I finished up with:

BMU_SSPaper_Edgers_Stitch

BMU_Peaceful_Paper_Linen-Blue

BMU_Peaceful_ScallopMat

Now to find the embellishments.

Week Two; Task Four

Add three embellishments on your layout. You may duplicate your embellishments as many times as you wish, but can use only three.e!

Carla, do you consider masks(clipping) or anything besides flowers, nature items, ribbons, etc. embellishments? I tend to think of almost anything besides templates and papers an embellishment. Really need to know. In the boutique, even paper mats are in that section. Thanks!

1379037942[/url]' post='1091677']
1378984247[/url]' post='1091582']

Week Two; Task Four

Carla, do you consider masks(clipping) or anything besides flowers, nature items, ribbons, etc. embellishments? I tend to think of almost anything besides templates and papers an embellishment. Really need to know. In the boutique, even paper mats are in that section. Thanks!

Good question! I used some masks on my papers..hope that's OK.

Week Two; Task Four

Good question! I used some masks on my papers..hope that's OK.

Yes you can use a mask if you wish. If you want to count it as an embellishment, that's up to you, but be prepared to make changes.

We still have two tasks this week, I don't want to give anything away but they may cause you to tear your hair out!newangel.gif

Week Two; Task FourAdd three embellishments on your layout. You may duplicate your embellishments as many times as you wish, but can use only three.e!This is going to be tough for me! Everyone's layouts look great so far!

I don't consider masks, mats, or blending to be embellishments. I think of embellishments as the "fluff" you add to enhance your photos. But as Valerie said, with two more tasks, be prepared to change if needed!

1379116683[/url]' post='1091749']

I know I'm behind but I hope to have a chance to catch up. DH is still in ICU, so we're taking things one day at a time here.

Oh, Joyce, how worrisome that must be. I am holding you in my thoughts and prayers and hoping for a speedy and complete recovery.

Archived