Slow Scrap September

ValerieT

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FIFTEEN embellishments?!! You're right, Valerie - I'm not too happy with this requirement. I sense clusters of small embellies coming on. Haven't done yesterday's yet; DH had rotator cuff surgery, and that took up most of my time. With today's instructions in mind, I think I'll follow Carla's lead, and just brush the edges, at least for now.

From Valerie T:

"Are you putting your brushes on their own layer?

Brushes will add to the active layer, changing that layer. If you put them on their own layer, you can make changes without altering the rest of your layout. For complicated brush work you need to put each bit on it's own layer."

Tried this this morning--exactly what I needed to do, but hadn't thought to do it. Thanks Valerie!

Here's my layout through Task 4.

Background paper: KME_Watercolor Resist-Border, colored from swatch;

Brush: SNU_DynBrush_Painted; used darker green from swatch, then overlay blend at 62% opacity. It's subtle, but it's there - for now.

On to the embellishments. :rolleyes:

Week three tasks 1, 2, 3 and 4.

task 1 - I used a sketch from the blog (here is the link)

task 2 - I added a second photo to it.

task 3 - photos added

task 4 - added three papers, plain one is the main background one.

Here is the thumbnail

Task 5 - all 9 embellishments added - 3 flowers, ribbon, word art bit, love you pocket, 3 brads

Task 6 - used the alphabet from A Narrative and Cirus Quamtum Solace font for the title. Added in the extra font in the background on the bottom and the journaling.

Here is the final LO.

I am really catching up. Off to find a colour palette!

Okay so I managed 15 embellishments. Hopefully we won't have to put much more on the page coz there's not much space left.

2 Banners, 3 buttons, 3 balloons, 1 date tag, 2 checks, 1 bow, 1 heart emb & 2 frames. PHEW!

Just watch out, today I bet she will tell us to add frames.hit-head-with-hammer.gif

Oh Belle don't say that!!! 15 embellishments was enough:) No I think it will be a title :)/>/>

Task 5 done...15embellishment wasn't that hard when i got going I had to reduce a few as I had 18 :)/>/> You have to look closel for a few though :)/>/>

I'm hoping the requirement wasn't for EXACTLY 15, because when I got going, I ended up with around twenty-five.

Is it OK to have more than 15?

We need clarification on the rules here.

Don't forget we have today and Monday for tasks. I'm not peaking at the tasks...I'm too scared to see what's next. If we get more embellishments, we should throw them at Valerie while she's hiding behind the couch!

Great job everyone, such amazing LOs have been created here this month!

Here are my tasks so far for this week - Week 4

task 1 - here is my colour palette.

Task 2 - I used the scrapsimple paper from Exuberance.

Task 3 - photo's added.

Task 4 - Added in my brush work - it's in the background. I used the brush from A Narrative collection

Here is the thumbnail. Wow I can't believe I am almost entirely caught up. Just need to add in the 15 embellishments and whatever today's task will be.

Archived