ValerieT

Slow Scrap September

391 posts in this topic

I will see how I go at keeping up with this as we may soon be starting to pack up for our move to another state.

My opposite season will be Autumn/fall as we are now in Spring.

Week One; Task Two

Use at least three papers on your layout, one must be patterned.

We have appts. today, so I wanted to get this done early. I have my three papers in place.

Lucky for me; My opposite season is summer. Other than a drop in temperate and a few windy days, there's hardly any difference between summer and winter here!

Tasks 1 and 2 complete. Although it's officially autumn here the temperatures are similar to those of July. My main photo is therefore of deepest winter - complete with snow!

Week One; Task Three

Add a frame to your layout.

REQUIREMENT: Post an image of your layout so far in this thread.

Here's how:

1. Be sure you have saved your layout as a PSD file first.

2. Save your images at 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels), 72 dpi (smaller than you would usually "save as" for web.)

3. In full editor, click on "attach photo", navigate to your layout image on your computer, then upload.

4. Then click the "add to post" button.

Added my frame and here is mine so far.

Here's my LO so far. I used the frame around the entire page, since I was using 3 photos.

Oh this was difficult as I'd used one of my 3 papers to create frames for my photos! Anyway a frame has been added - just hope I'm not scrapped into a corner!

We are down to one computer and my iPad right now. I'll try and get this done tonight when I can hopefully wrestle my laptop from DH. :) I sure hope his is fixed soon!

I'll work on this as soon as I can. I had one eye surgery and am recovering-hard to do anything with one eye. I'll have the other done on the 17th, but in between I may be able to do this. Everyone's work looks good.

I'm scrapping a photo we took last March on our way back from New Jersey. I thought these motorcyclists had a great sense of humor!

I'll work on this as soon as I can. I had one eye surgery and am recovering-hard to do anything with one eye. I'll have the other done on the 17th, but in between I may be able to do this. Everyone's work looks good.

Hope you are ok, take it easy.

Big hug your way :)

Week One; Task Three

Here's how:

2. Save your images at 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels), 72 dpi (smaller than you would usually "save as" for web.)

3. In full editor, click on "attach photo", navigate to your layout image on your computer, then upload.

oh dear, I tried and i tried, it's been a long day but I'm just not able to upload my image, following all your instructions, I do not seem to have or see the icon for "attach photo" Help!

:thankyou:

Week One; Task Three

Here's how:

oh dear, I tried and i tried, it's been a long day but I'm just not able to upload my image, following all your instructions, I do not seem to have or see the icon for "attach photo" Help!

:thankyou:/>

Okay, all sorted now. It really has been a long day, i'm going to bed..

:disappearing-smilie: Txs

hmmm.... not sure I'm attaching this correctly.

But be that as it may, here's where I am so far.

Despite appearances, they really are winter pictures, because we went to Florida for a winter vacation that year.

LOL -- was going to post my Slow Scrap LO and got stuck LSL in the Gallery and sending messages! Gotta get ready for work and will post tonight when I return home. Have a good day, Ladies!

Week One; Task Four

Add some embellishments. You must add at least one ribbon, one button and one leaf. You may add additional embellishments.

I knew what today's task was going to be, let's face it I wrote all the tasks for this month, but I've changed my mind on the colours I would use with my photo. So I started again, same photo but completely different.

I tell you this because it's OK to change your layout. If you see today's tasks or any other task and find it doesn't work with what you've done so far, it's OK to make changes or start again, like I did.

That's funny, Valerie!

Of course, what I really love about digital scrapping is you can do that at any time and you haven't wasted anything and there's no mess to clean up,

(I, being essentially lazy, love the "no mess" part best.)

I'm working hard on this game, but I got a slow start because I spent quite awhile improving the color on my 25 year old photos.

It also surprised me how few photos I've taken during the winter, which is our off season.

Here's mine so far, using

3 papers (one with a pattern)

3 photos

an inked frame, plus the frames that were built into the layout template

a ribbon and a button

Just couldn't find a leaf that coordinated with my layout, so I substituted a heart (which is kind of leaf-shaped!)

Task 4 complete. Added some pine branches (for leaves), a button and a ribbon. LO is coming together.